Krista Kirk, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision, Liberty University
- M.S. in Psychology, Mercy College
- B.A. in Psychology, Southeastern University
Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Nationally Certified Counselor
Field of Expertise
- Multicultural Counseling
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Trauma-Informed Care
Dr. Krista Kirk began her career working for non-profit agencies providing counseling services to those with intellectual disabilities and developmental disabilities. In addition to being a professor, she works at a non-profit organization providing counseling services to those in Bronx, NY, with the mission of meeting the needs of this under-served population. Currently, her research interests include identifying adaptive treatments for those with intellectual disabilities, mental illness stigma in religious communities, competent multicultural counseling, and gatekeeping in counselor education.