LaHaye Recreation & Fitness Center
LaHaye Recreation & Fitness Center is a 162,000 square foot multi-functional facility open to Liberty University students, faculty, and staff. Regardless of how you choose to get active—LaHaye Rec & Fit has something for you!
Group Exercise & Personal Training
Join us for a variety of strength, mind/body, cardio, or combination Group Ex classes, or train with our fitness professionals to achieve your personal fitness goals.
The LaHaye Rock Wall is a great opportunity for students to build strength, courage, and community. The LaHaye Rock Wall is a 4,000 square foot climbing facility offering bouldering, a climbing tower, and a variety of programming.
The LaHaye Aquatic Center houses six 25-yard lanes, one 1 meter diving board, and 2 spas. The Aquatic Center is currently open for lap swimming and offers a variety of programming.
Completely outfitted with the LifeFitness Discover cardio equipment, including two unique LifeFitness Synergy 360XL pieces and innovative selectorized biomechanical LifeFitness Insignia Series.
Free Weight Area
Fully stocked with LifeFitness and HD Elite Hammer Strength equipment that ranges from motion technology iso-lateral, plate loaded, and Olympic lifting zones.
Thomas Indoor Soccer Center
The Thomas Indoor Soccer Center houses 2 AstroTurf 3D Synthetic regulation fields. The Soccer Center is available for recreational play, reservations, and hosts a variety of Intramural Sports throughout the school year.
The recreation courts include 7 basketball courts, 9 volleyball courts, and 4 racquetball courts. These courts are available for recreational play, reservations, and are utilized for Intramural basketball and volleyball during the school year.
Located above the LaHaye Recreational Courts. *1 lap = 1/9 of a mile
Equipped with Rogue Fitness equipment and an Infinity I-24 Rig System.
Does LaHaye Rec & Fit have a lost & found?
- Yes. Lost items are kept at LaHaye Rec & Fit for one week* before being moved to Montview Student Union. Items moved to Montview are kept in inventory at the ID & Campus Services office for 120 days. After 120 days, items not retrieved are donated to community-based organizations. You may visit the ID & Campus Services office in Montview Student Union, Room 1720 or contact email@example.com or (434) 582-7771.*Water bottles are disposed of after 3 business days.
How do I register for a Group Exercise class or fitness workshop?
- Registrations are done through our Membership Portal. All registrations open 24 hours in advance, and to register you must have an active LaHaye Rec & Fit membership. The LaHaye Rock Wall is also currently operating on a reservation system, and time blocks can be scheduled through the Membership Portal as well.
Who is eligible to purchase a membership for LaHaye Rec & Fit?
- All membership options can be found on our Memberships page. If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the peak hours of LaHaye Rec & Fit?
- LaHaye Rec & Fit’s peak times are Monday–Wednesday from 3-7 P.M. We recommend visiting David’s Place Fitness during this time period.
My membership is active, but my Flames Pass is not allowing me to swipe in. What do I do?
- To swipe into the facility, all participants must have an active LaHaye Rec & Fit membership and active Flames Pass. For Flames Pass troubleshooting, please contact email@example.com or visit the ID & Campus Services Office located in Montview Student Union, Room 1720.
What are the facility policies regarding food, drink, and dress code?
- No food is allowed in LaHaye Rec & Fit unless it is pre-approved for a reservation or event. No glass bottles or unsealed containers are allowed in LaHaye Rec & Fit. Dress code policies can be found here.