Intramural Sports are organized recreational sports leagues that allow students at Liberty to participate in a variety of team and individual sports. Liberty offers over 20 different sports in various leagues and tournaments throughout the year. We exist to offer opportunities for health and exercise, social interaction, stress reduction, sportsmanship, teamwork, and healthy competition.
- 4v4 Flag Football
- Coed Volleyball
- Indoor Soccer
- 7v7 Flag Football (Fall Only)
- Coed Beach Volleyball
- Disc Golf
- Outdoor Soccer
- Ultimate Frisbee
- 3-Point Shootout
- Fantasy Football
- Table Tennis
- Women’s Flag Football
What are Intramural Sports?
- Liberty Intramural Sports are organized recreational sports leagues that allow the Liberty University community to participate in a variety of team and individual sports. Intramural Sports provide an opportunity for students who cannot, or choose not to participate in NCAA sports, to compete at a lower level of competition.
Who can participate in Intramural Sports?
- Liberty University residential undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, and staff. For sports held in LaHaye Recreation & Fitness Center, all faculty/staff, graduate, and law school students must purchase a membership to the facility or pay a $5 guest fee for every game to be eligible to play. Alumni are not eligible to participate. In an effort to achieve an equal level of competition there are a few exceptions that can be found in the Eligibility section of the IMS Handbook.
How do I register for an Intramural Sport?
- All participants register through IMLeagues. Deadlines to register are the date of the first regular-season game and are listed on IMLeagues. When registering, you have the option to create your own team or sign-up as a Free Agent, giving you the possibility to be chosen for an established team. Each team has its own page, allowing team information to easily be shared.
How long is each season?
- Most sports last the majority of the semester. Based on the number of teams registered for each sport, there is an average of two games per week for each team. Games are usually scheduled for Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday evenings. Fridays are reserved for make-up dates in case of inclement weather. After each regular season, there is a single-elimination playoff for each sport.
What do I need to bring to each game?
- Each player must bring their Flames Pass to each game and sign in at the check-in table. Players cannot participate if they do not have their Flames Pass. Intramural Sports will provide most equipment needed (including pennies), but each team may bring their own equipment if desired. Participants do not have to wear uniforms, but we do request that the home team wears white shirts and the away team wears dark shirts.
Where is each sport held?
- LaHaye Rec & Fit — Basketball, Racquetball
LaHaye Multipurpose Center — Coed Volleyball, Cornhole
LaHaye Ice Center — Broomball
Thomas Indoor Soccer Complex — 4v4 Flag Football, Dodgeball, Indoor Soccer, Wiffleball
Liberty Mountain Intramural Complex — Beach Volleyball, Flag Football, Softball, Ultimate Frisbee, Outdoor Soccer, Kickball, Spikeball
Cook Tennis Center — Tennis
Montview Game Room — Billiards, Table Tennis
Montview Bowling Alley — Bowling