Christopher Wheelus, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Counseling and Student Personnel Services (Counselor Education and Supervision), University of Georgia
- M.A., Marriage and Family Therapy, Richmont Graduate University
- M.Div. with Biblical Languages, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
Field of Expertise
- Career and calling counseling
- College counseling
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Georgia, #001129
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Georgia #006033
- Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor, Georgia #567
- Certified K-12 School Counselor, Georgia, #765979
- MFT supervisor-mentee under AAMFT mentoring
Dr. Wheelus came to Liberty University after eleven years of experience in college student affairs, most recent of which was as a university’s director of counseling, disability services, and career development. He has also worked in a variety of other counseling settings: hospital, juvenile justice, private practice, and volunteer career counselor at an alternative high school. Dr. Wheelus and his wife, who is also a professional counselor, enjoy providing co-counseling to couples and missionaries. They have lived overseas in four countries and occasionally travel overseas to provide counseling and marriage enrichment to expatriates. Dr. Wheelus has held several offices in the Georgia College Counseling Association (GCCA) and has been a member of several professional organizations and has presented at the state, regional, and national levels on career development. Dr. Wheelus loves teaching and training new counselors. Most of all, he loves the wonder of discovering new adventures that God brings in life’s journey.