Let Us Help You Get Your DO Degree
We want to make the application, selection, and matriculation process as simple and effortless as possible by answering your questions about the admission process.
Initial application to LUCOM is made through the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS). Applicants who meet LUCOM’s criteria for admission are invited to submit a secondary application. The Office of Admissions and the Admissions Committee then extend an offer for an interview to those most likely to fit within LUCOM’s culture, advance the college’s mission and vision, and successfully complete the curriculum.
LUCOM utilizes a rolling admission process. After an interview and review of recommendations by the Admissions Committee, successful candidates usually receive an offer for admission within the following weeks of the interview date.
All offers of admission are conditional until the applicant has undergone a criminal background check, drug screen, and physical examination.
Become Your Best at LUCOM
With LUCOM you gain the unique opportunity to become a health care professional or clinician possessing:
- Professional and ethical competency
- Medical knowledge and skills required for treating diseases
- A servant’s heart manifested by Christ, the Greatest Physician
LUCOM has received accreditation from its programmatic accreditor, the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA).
Get more on LUCOM Accreditation
Learn More About LUCOM
Important Months in the Admissions Process
- May: Start AACOMAS Application
- June: Application is verified from AACOMAS
- July: LUCOM Office of Admissions begins review
- March: Final applications reviewed
- April: LUCOM Office of Admissions application cycle ends
- May: Incoming class enrolled