Let Us Help You Get Your DO Degree
We want to make the application, selection, and matriculation process as simple and effortless as possible by answering your questions about the admission process.
Initial application to LUCOM is made through the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS). Applicants who meet the LUCOM’s criteria for admission are invited to submit a secondary application. The Office of Admissions and the Admissions Committee then extend an offer for an on-campus interview to those most likely to fit within LUCOM’s culture, advance the college’s mission and vision, and successfully complete the curriculum.
LUCOM utilizes a rolling admission process. After an interview and review of recommendations by the Admissions Committee, successful candidates usually receive an offer for admission within two weeks of the interview date.
All offers of admission are conditional until the applicant has undergone a criminal background check, drug screen, and physical examination.
Become Your Best at LUCOM
With LUCOM you gain the unique opportunity to become a health care professional or clinician possessing:
- Professional and ethical competency
- Medical knowledge and skills required for treating diseases
- A servant’s heart manifested by Christ, the greatest physician
LUCOM has initial accreditation status with its programmatic accreditor, American Osteopathic Association’s Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (AOA-COCA). This initial status confers all rights and privileges of accreditation.
Get more on LUCOM Accreditation
Learn More About LUCOM
Important Months in the Admissions Process
- May: Start AACOMAS Application
- June: Application is verified from AACOMAS
- July: LUCOM Office of Admissions begins review
- Aug: Secondary applications sent/collected, LUCOM invitations to interview are sent out
- Aug – April: Student interviews at LUCOM
- March: Final applications reviewed
- April: LUCOM Office of Admissions application cycle ends
- May: Incoming class enrolled