Andrea Barbian-Shimberg, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Counselor Education and Supervision, University of the Cumberlands, 2017
- M.A. Professional Counseling, Liberty University, 2014
- M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction, Radford University, 2008
- B.S. Foods and Nutrition, Radford University, 2007
Field of Expertise
- Mental Health Counseling
- Clinical Supervision
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Professional Counselor, #11517, North Carolina, 2014
- National Certified Counselor, #611650, 2017
Dr. Andrea Barbian-Shimberg earned her Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision from the University of the Cumberlands and her M.A. in Professional Counseling from Liberty University. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor in North Carolina and a National Certified Counselor (NCC). Dr. Barbian-Shimberg has over 9 years of experience in the mental health field. Dr. Barbian-Shimberg has over 3 years of experience in the field of eating disorders and has worked in residential, partial hospitalization, and outpatient settings. Dr. Barbian-Shimberg has research interests related to counselor education and supervision, eating disorders, and first responders. Additionally, Dr. Barbian-Shimberg is a member of many professional organizations and associations.