Lisa Sosin, Ph.D., LPC, LLP, BACS
Director Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision Program
- Ph.D. in Professional Counseling, Liberty University
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology, Michigan School of Professional Psychology
- B.A. in Psychology, State University of New York
- Director, Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision Program
- Professor, Center of Counseling and Family Studies
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Limited License Psychologist
- Board Approved Clinical Supervisor
- 2018 recipient of the President’s Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Editorial Board Member: Journal of Counseling and Development
Lisa S. Sosin, PhD, LPC, LLP, BACS is the Director of the Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision Program and professor with the Center for Counselor Education and Family Studies at Liberty University. Dr. Sosin has over 30 years of clinical and teaching experience in the field of professional counseling and clinical psychology. Dr. Sosin’s clinical practice includes the assessment and treatment of children, adults, couples, and families; as well as teaching, supervising, public speaking, and consultation to clinicians in training, physicians, educators, organizations, and clergy. Dr. Sosin has developed graduate curriculum and community programs covering diverse subjects including qualitative research, family development and functioning, evidence-based practice, and clinical excellence and has presented and published in a variety of areas including psychotherapeutic process, emotional development, creativity in counseling, burnout, and ethics.
Dr. Sosin’s primary research interests include the integration of creativity, spirituality, and counseling, doctoral student persistence, qualitative research related to counseling practice, and emotion regulation and she serves as a reviewer for the American Counseling Association’s flagstaff journal Counseling and Development. Dr. Sosin has been happily married to her best friend, David, for over 30 years and has two wonderful sons, Tim and Josh and a delightful daughter-in-law, Hannah.