David Brown, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Counselor Education and Supervision, Auburn University
- M.A. Counseling; Cincinnati Christian University
- B.A. French & Theological Studies; Hanover College
- A.S. Computer Technology; Purdue University
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor – Supervisor; #E-0500562-SUPV, Ohio
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor III; #LCDC.131099-3, Ohio
- National Certified Counselor; #271824
- Approved Clinical Supervisor; #01285
Dr. David R. Brown is an Associate Professor of Counseling at Liberty University and has worked in counselor education since 2008. Having multiple interests, Dr. Brown double-majored in French and Theological Studies, also earning a minor in Geology. After college, Dr. Brown worked three years in information technology, providing desktop, network, and software support. Leaving the IT field, Dr. Brown found his professional calling in counseling and counselor education. Dr. Brown has been licensed as a professional counselor since 2005 and as a chemical dependency counselor since 2013. Professionally active in several counseling organizations, Dr. Brown regularly presents at state, regional, and national conferences, and currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Greater Cincinnati Counseling Association (GCCA).
Dr. Brown’s research interests include the assessment of spirituality and religiosity, counseling pedagogy related to studying abroad and global mental health, and the use of technology in counseling, including social media and telemental health counseling.