David Brown, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Counselor Education and Supervision, Auburn University
- M.A. Counseling, Cincinnati Christian University
- B.A. French & Theological Studies, Hanover College
- A.S. Computer Technology, Purdue University
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor – Supervisor (LPCC-S), #E-0500562-SUPV, State of Ohio
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor III (LCDC-III), #LCDC.131099-3, State of
- National Certified Counselor (NCC), #271824
- Internationally Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor (ICADC), ICRC #ACD.131099
- Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS), CCE #01285
Dr. David R. Brown is an Associate Professor of Counseling at Liberty University and has worked in counselor education for over 10 years. Born and raised in Indiana, Dr. Brown earned a B.A. in French and Theological Studies at Hanover College. After college, Dr. Brown worked three years in the information technology field, during which he earned an A.S. in Computer Technology from Purdue University. Dr. Brown later earned an M.A. in Counseling at Cincinnati Christian University and a Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision at Auburn University. Dr. Brown has been a licensed professional counselor since 2005 and a licensed chemical dependency counselor since 2013.
Dr. Brown is professionally active in several regional and national counseling organizations, regularly presents workshops at state, regional, and national conferences, and currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Greater Cincinnati Counseling Association (GCCA). Dr. Brown’s research interests include the assessment of spirituality and religiosity, counseling pedagogy, use of technology in counseling, and supervision in counseling.