Sarah Kitchens, Ph.D.
Core Faculty- School Counseling
- Ph. D. in Counselor Education and Supervision, Auburn University
- M.S. in Counseling & Psychology – School Counseling, Troy University
- B.S. in General Studies (Elementary Licensure), Liberty University
Field of Expertise
- School Counseling
- Private Practice – Individual, Family, & Marriage
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Associate Professional Counselor, Georgia
- Certified Professional School Counselor K-12, Georgia
- National Certified Counselor
Sarah Kitchens, Ph.D., is an associate professor at Liberty University and a counselor at a private practice. Dr. Kitchens is passionate about using creative techniques to counsel individuals, families, and couples in various walks of life. Prior to joining the faculty in 2013, Dr. Kitchens worked as a professional school counselor, serving both the elementary and secondary levels in both public and private schools.
Dr. Kitchens is a licensed associate professional counselor (LAPC), National Certified Counselor (NCC), and a licensed School Counselor (K-12). She is a member of many professional organizations including the American Counseling Association (ACA), American School Counselor Association (ASCA), Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES), Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (SACES), and Georgia School Counseling Association (GSCA).
Dr. Kitchens has authored several professional publications, as well as several book chapters. In addition, Dr. Kitchens has presented several presentations at the state, regional, and national levels.
Dr. Kitchens currently serves as a Chapter Faculty Advisor (CFA) for the Chi Sigma Iota Rho Eta online student chapter Rho Eta Sigma Epsilon.