The Department of Student Health and Wellness seeks to provide quality health services and educational programming that promotes healthy living in the university community.
- To provide designated clinics and services that are cost-effective and responsive to student needs
- To promote campus-wide wellness initiatives to reduce the impact of illness and other health concerns, which may interfere with student success
- To maintain the security of student health records and to oversee the official release of information to comply with federal and state regulations
- To coordinate the distribution of self-disclosed student medical information among university departments so that students with health-related needs might secure the necessary support services
The Student Health and Wellness department offers fall and spring internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students, and recent graduates from any accredited college or university.
Due to our university’s size, rapid growth, and activity, interns must be adaptable to the rigor of an active and professional environment. Interns work a minimum of 10 hours per week. Interns will have the opportunity to participate in event planning, data analysis, and speaking/presenting to groups. They assist with our department’s Wellness program planning, research, and administrative support.
The Health and Wellness department strongly encourages applications from students who seek to increase their knowledge and skills in health and wellness.
To apply for an internship, please email the Health and Wellness department directly at email@example.com. Interested applicants will be required to provide the following:
- Letter of recommendation (professional or educational)
If there are any questions or further details needed, please contact our department at (434) 592-7770.