Jerry Vuncannon, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Counselor Education and Supervision, Regent University (2006)
- M.A. Community Counseling, Regent University, 2003
- B.C.E. Christian Education, East Coast Bible College (1993)
Field of Expertise
- Mental Health Counseling
- Multicultural Counseling
- Marriage Counseling
- Attachments in Relationships
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Professional Counselor, North Carolina (6637), 2007
- National Certified Counselor, 2003
Dr. Jerry Vuncannon earned his Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision and his MA in Community Counseling from Regent University. He is a Licensed Professional Counselor (North Carolina) and a National Certified Counselor. Dr. Vuncannon has worked in multiple settings including government mental health, a hospital, community agencies, and private practice working with various populations such as adolescents, adults, couples, and military-related populations. His teaching and/or research interests include counselor training and development, attachments in relationships, group counseling, counseling theories, integration, multicultural counseling, and counseling issues as it relates to international settings. He also has international counseling-related experiences in Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, Mexico, and South Africa.