Kenyon C. Knapp, Ph.D.
Dean, School of Behavioral Sciences
- Ph.D., Counselor Education & Supervision, University of Mississippi
- M.S., Christian Psychological Studies, Psychological Studies Institute (now Richmont Graduate University)
- M.S., Community Counseling, Georgia State University
- B.A., Psychology, Taylor University
Field of Expertise
- Online Education
- Cultural Humility
- Multicultural Considerations
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Professional Counselor, #5962, Georgia since 5-11-10
- Nationally Board Certified Counselor, #53450 until 3-31-22
Kenyon C. Knapp became the Dean of the Liberty University School of Behavioral Sciences after having served as a counselor educator at other institutions for almost 20 years. Before coming to Liberty, he served as a tenured full professor. Dr. Knapp served as a board member for CACREP. He has had a part-time private practice for 20 years and has worked in numerous counseling settings. He has specialties in the areas of crisis counseling, sexual addiction counseling, and Christian counseling. Dr. Knapp has conducted crisis counseling training in Haiti, Uganda, Israel, and the West Bank, as well as missions trips to the Bahamas, Colombia, and Puerto Rico. His greatest joy and accomplishments come in the form of his wife and four children, who keep him practical, multitasking, and very grateful.