Derek Parker, PhD, MA, MS, LPC, NCC
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision, Liberty University
- M.A. in Professional Counseling, Liberty University
- M.S. in Rehabilitative Sciences, Clarion University of Pennsylvania
- B.S. in Liberal Studies, Clarion University of Pennsylvania
Field of Expertise
- Addictions Counseling
- Children, Adolescence and Family Counseling
- Clinical Supervision
- Professional Identity and involvement in Professional Counseling organizations
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- National Certified Counselor, National Board of Certified Counselors
Dr. Derek Parker is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the state of Pennsylvania. He has spent over 14 years working as a master’s level clinician, Clinical Supervisor, and agency Director. The primary populations he has worked with include children, adolescents, families, and addiction. His passions are working with the emerging age population and in addictions.
Dr. Parker is currently an assistant professor in the Department of Counselor Education and Family Studies. He is actively engaged in presenting and state, regional, and national conferences. His areas of research include sexual shame, emerging age adults, and supervision. Additionally, he is involved in leadership within the counseling profession. He is currently the Treasurer of the Pennsylvania Counseling Association (2016 – 2022), serves on the Branch Development Committee of the American Counseling Association (2019 – 2022), Communications Co-Chairman of the North Atlantic Region Association for Counselor Education and Supervision, and is on the Editorial Review Board of Journal of the Pennsylvania Counseling Association.