Angelia D. Dickens, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Counselor Education and Supervision, Regent University, 2010
- M.A. Community Counseling, Regent University, 2002
- B.A. Psychology, Christopher Newport University, 1999
- A.A. Liberal Arts, Tidewater Community College, 1997
Field of Expertise
- Mental Health Counseling
- Marriage and Family Counseling
- Clinical Supervision
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Professional Counselor, #701004234, Commonwealth of Virginia, August 2007
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, #0717001241, Commonwealth of Virginia, March 2012
- National Certified Counselor, #76083, July 2002
- Approved Clinical Supervisor, #ACS00987, June 2010
Dr. Angelia Dickens earned her Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision and M.A. in Community Counseling from Regent University. She was named Outstanding Graduate Student in her Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision program.
Dr. Dickens is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Virginia. She is a National Certified Counselor (NCC) and an Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS). Dr. Dickens has worked as a counselor educator since 2010. Dr. Dickens has over 15 years of clinical experience providing children, adolescents, and adults counseling concerning mental health, marriage and family, and addictions issues in community, military, and private practice settings.
Dr. Dickens has research interests in military/veteran issues, police/fire/first responder issues, pre-marital/marital work, and effective practices in counselor education and supervision. Dr. Dickens enjoys working with graduate students on professional development and enhancing scholarship. Dr. Dickens is an active member of numerous professional organizations and was inducted into Chi Sigma Iota, an international honors society for counselors. Dr. Dickens has presented at state and national conferences and has authored professional publications. Dr. Dickens has memberships in various state and national associations and has also served in various leadership roles.