Holly Johnson, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Counselor Education and Supervision, Regent University, 2016
- M.B.A. Management and Strategy, Western Governors University, 2011
- M.A. Professional Counseling, Liberty University, 2009
- B.A. Psychology, Regent University, 2006
Field of Expertise
- Mental Health Counseling
- Sexual Offender Treatment
- Social Advocacy
- Clinical Supervision
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor, #S8026, North Carolina, October 2017
- Licensed Professional Counselor, #8026, North Carolina, December 2011
- National Certified Counselor, #305432, May 2012
Dr. Holly Johnson is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Supervisor in the state of North Carolina. She has a B.A. in Psychology from Regent University, an M.B.A. from Western Governors University, a Master’s Degree in Professional Counseling from Liberty University, and a Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision from Regent University. Dr. Johnson was inducted into Chi Sigma Iota, an international honors society for counselors.
Dr. Johnson is an active member of several professional counseling organizations and is a National Certified Counselor (NCC). She has been working in higher education since 2010 and is the founder of a non-profit agency that provides hunger relief, advocacy, and counseling to impoverished individuals. Dr. Johnson was named Morganton Citizen of the Year for her work in social advocacy and was a Nonprofit Leader Excellence Award recipient.
Dr. Johnson has clinical experience in working with adults, adolescents, and children in both agency and private practice settings. Areas of experience include personal growth, inner healing and trauma, marriage and family, grief and bereavement, sexual abuse/sex offender treatment, and life and career transitions.
Dr. Johnson’s research interests include sex offender treatment, generational poverty, and social justice.