Holly Johnson, Ph.D.
Department Chair, Department of Counselor Education and Family Studies
- Ph.D. Counselor Education and Supervision, Regent University
- M.B.A. Management and Strategy, Western Governors University
- M.A. Professional Counseling, Liberty University
- B.A. Psychology, Regent University
Dr. Holly Johnson is a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor and Supervisor in the state of North Carolina. She has a B.A. in Psychology from Regent University, an M.B.A. from Western Governors University, a M.A. in Professional Counseling from Liberty University, and a Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision from Regent University. Dr. Johnson was inducted into Chi Sigma Iota, an international honors society for counselors.
Dr. Johnson is an active member of several professional counseling organizations and is a National Certified Counselor (NCC). She has been working in higher education since 2010 and is the founder of a non-profit agency that provides hunger relief, advocacy, and counseling to impoverished individuals. Dr. Johnson was named Morganton Citizen of the Year for her work in social advocacy and was a Nonprofit Leader Excellence Award recipient.
Dr. Johnson has clinical experience in working with adults, adolescents, and children in both agency and private practice settings. Areas of experience include personal growth, inner healing and trauma, marriage and family, grief and bereavement, sexual abuse/sex offender treatment, and life and career transitions.
Field of Expertise
- Mental Health Counseling
- Sexual Offender Treatment
- Social Advocacy
- Clinical Supervision
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor Supervisor, #S8026, North Carolina, October 2017
- Licensed Professional Counselor, #8026, North Carolina, December 2011
- National Certified Counselor, #305432, May 2012