Arleezah Marrah, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Counselor Education and Supervision, Old Dominion University, 2012
- M.A. Counselor Education, University of South Florida, 2009
Field of Expertise
- Racial Trauma
- Standardized Testing and Academic Self-Efficacy
- Research Mentorship for Black Women in Academia
Licensure and Certification
- Play Therapy Certificate, August 2008
- National Certified Counselor
Dr. Marrah has specialized in trauma and counseling BIPOC. She has presented research on racial trauma, Black women’s experiences in Higher Education, and Courageous conversations among Counselor Educators. Dr. Marrah has also published articles and book chapters on counseling women of color, courageous conversations in counseling, and multicultural counseling. Her teaching and research interests include the areas of racial trauma, BIPOC experiences in higher education, online teaching, counseling student development, academic self-efficacy, and play therapy.