Brandy K. Richeson, Ph.D.
Core Faculty, School Counseling
- Ph.D., Counselor Education and Supervision, Old Dominion University
- M.A.Ed., School Counseling, Hampton University
Fields of Expertise
- School Counseling
- Clinical Counseling
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Professional Counselor, #0701006615
- School Counseling License, #PPS 0600883
- Board Approved Counseling Supervisor (VA), #0701006615
Dr. Richeson began her career as a Professional School Counselor in southeastern Virginia. Her love of teaching and people led her into higher education and counseling work serving her community. She serves various populations to include children, adults, and families dealing with trauma, mental health, and substance abuse/use issues.
Dr. Richeson is an active member of various organizations, has authored professional publications, and serves in leadership positions in the profession. Her teaching and research interests include school counselor training and development, college and career readiness at the elementary level, social justice, counselor identity and standards of curriculum development. She has presented her work at state, national and international conferences.