Yulanda Tyre, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Counselor Education, Auburn University
- M.S. Counseling and Development, Auburn University Montgomery
- B.A. Psychology, Troy University Montgomery
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Professional Counselor, #2545, Alabama
- National Certified Counselor, #237499
- Approved Clinical Supervisor, #753, Alabama
Field of Expertise
- College Counseling
- Spiritual Development
- Ethical Consideration of Resilience
- Compassion Fatigue
Dr. Tyre has extensive experience working as a counselor, counselor educator, and higher education professional. She has worked as Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, overseeing the areas of Counseling and Health Promotion Services, Career Development, Disability Services, and managing assessment. She is a board member of the Montgomery Mental Health Authority, President for the Alabama Association for Counselor Educators and Supervisors, Past-President of the Alabama College Counseling Association, the current Chair of Current Issues and Trends for the Alabama Counseling Association Board. She is the owner of Reignite, Counselor, Coach and Consultation Service and author of Reignite, a 21 Day Devotional. She is committed to helping others realize, renew and ignite their talents, dreams, and goals.