Patti Hinkley, Ed.D.
- Ed.D. Counseling Psychology, University of Sarasota
- M.A. Counseling, Liberty University
- B.S. Psychology, Liberty University
- Additional Graduate courses, University of Virginia & Lynchburg College
- Liberty University
- Professor, Department of Counselor Education & Family Studies, 1986-present
- Associate Dean for the Distance Learning and Graduate Programs, 2004-2006
- Executive Director, Distance Learning Program, 2000-2004
- Faculty Coordinator, Distance Learning Program, 1999-2000
- Department Chair/Coordinator for Psychology, Distance Learning Program, 1991-1999
- Director of Practicum & Internship for Counseling, Distance Learning Program, 1987-1999
- Academic Advisor, Counseling, Distance Learning Program, 1986-1987
- Professional Counseling
- Light Counseling Associates, Lynchburg, VA, 1986-2005
Dr. Hinkley has been a member of the psychology and counseling departments at Liberty since 1986. She currently serves as a Department Chair for the online program in the Department of Counselor Education & Family Studies. Though her primary work through the years has been with the distance program, she has also extensively taught the traditional residential students throughout her career. She has been actively involved in various administrative roles at Liberty. In addition to her current role, she has also held the following positions at the university: Academic Advisor, Director of Practicum and Internships, Department Chair (Psychology-DLP), Faculty Coordinator (DLP), Executive Director of LU’s Distance Program, and Associate Dean (College of Arts & Sciences).
Patti is a Licensed Professional Counselor and a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and practiced as a professional counselor for 19 years in a part-time private practice. She currently offers counseling at Christ Community Church, Daytona Beach, FL. Her teaching and research interests include women’s issues, counselor skills training, addictions, life coaching, and integration of spirituality and mental health counseling.