Core Faculty – School Counseling
- Ph.D, Auburn University – Auburn, AL
- M.Ed, Georgia Southern University – Statesboro, GA
- Ed.S., Valdosta State University – Valdosta, GA
- BS, Georgia Southern University – Statesboro, GA
Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed School Counselor (preK-12)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
Dr. Ricks served seven years as a middle school and high school counselor within the state of Georgia. She also has two years of experience as a career and college coach. She began her career as an Assistant Professor in 2014 at the University of West Georgia while also serving as an Adjunct Professor for Liberty University.
Dr. Ricks has presented at state, regional, national, and international levels in the areas of poverty, disabilities, Narrative Therapy, Cross-Cultural Counseling, advocacy, and digital addiction. She has numerous publications in peer-reviewed counseling journals, textbook chapters, and professional newsletters. Her primary research focuses are poverty and diversity.