Jama Davis, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Professional Counseling, Liberty University
- M.A. Counseling Psychology, Ball State University
- B.S. Psychology and Business, Indiana Wesleyan University
Licensure and Certifications
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Indiana
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor, North Carolina
- National Certified Counselor
- Approved Clinical Supervisor
Dr. Jama Davis began teaching at Liberty in 2007 and has over 30 years of clinical and educational experience. Her clinical experience includes community mental health, university, private practice and supervision of counselors seeking licensure. In addition to teaching, she facilitates online training of newly hired faculty for Liberty University’s online counseling degree. Dr. Davis also served as a faculty mentor for 10 years. She is a member of the American Counseling Association, Association for Counselor Education and Supervision, ASERVIC, Indiana Counseling Association, American Association of Christian Counselors, and Christian Association for Psychological Studies. She serves as the Licensed Mental Health Counselor Representative for the Indiana Counseling Association Board. Her clinical and research interests include trauma vicarious trauma, multiculturalism, women’s issues, loneliness, and leadership. Dr. Davis has presented internationally, nationally, regionally, and locally and published in textbooks and professional journals.
Dr. Davis currently serves as a Chapter Faculty Advisor (CFA) for the Chi Sigma Iota Rho Eta online student chapter Rho Eta Nu Gamma.