Liberty Mountain Snowflex Centre
Snowflex specializes in year-round mountain activities open to Liberty University students, faculty, staff, and the general public. Blast down one of our Neveplast tubing runs or ski in all four seasons on our Snowflex slopes. The reservable Barrick-Falwell Lodge is Liberty Mountain’s scenic centerpiece, giving the Liberty Mountain Snowflex Centre the look and feel of an alpine resort. Snowflex also offers one of the prettiest sunset views around, so even if you’re not a fan of snow sports, come on up and enjoy the view!
Please note: liability forms are required for all activities and can be found in the quick links section. Tubing is a weather-dependent activity. Please call ahead to verify tubing is available if Lynchburg is experiencing inclement weather.
Summer Day Camp
Summer day camps are for elementary to middle school aged children who have never learned to ski or snowboard before or need a little help improving their basic skills!
Ski & Snowboard Lessons
Take advantage of our year-round, snowless slopes by signing up for a lesson with one of our highly qualified instructors.
Our Snowflex Season Pass is a great way to enjoy the slope year-round! $199 gets you one free Day Pass and Rental Equipment for each day of operation throughout 2024.
Free Student Lesson Mondays
Every Monday, all current Liberty students can receive a free, 1-hour ski or snowboard lesson from one of our qualified Snowflex instructors.
Every Tuesday, receive our 2-hour Combo Pass for only $10! Our Combo Pass includes rentals, skiing, snowboarding, trampolining, tubing, and sledding.
Rentals & Lessons
We offer all rental equipment needed to ski, snowboard, sled, or tube, so you don’t need to worry about bringing your own! If you have never tried a snow-sport before, we highly recommend working with one of our instructors to schedule a lesson and learn the basics before you ride.
Snowflex operates two Neveplast tubing runs with year-round tubing options for everyone! All of our tubing runs are a safe, fun, and inexpensive way to enjoy the scenic campus of Liberty University and the Blue Ridge Mountains in all four seasons.
In addition to our main slope, we offer a Bunny Hill and designated sledding area designed with Snowflex® surface. This activity is perfect for younger children.
Bounce around for fun or work on aerial awareness for freestyle on our Olympic-grade trampoline. Whether you want to jump on your own or rent our trampoline snowboards/skiis, our trampoline is fun for all ages!
The Barrick-Falwell Lodge offers spacious seating for students to utilize as study space or for parents to stay warm during their child’s lesson! The lodge is housed with a concessions stand and Pro Shop featuring Liberty Snowflex merchandise such as t-shirts, sweatshirts, mugs, and more (Flames Cash accepted).
The lodge is also available for reservations by Liberty and local community members for business meetings, personal parties, and more!
Do you have real snow?
- Our facility uses an artificial surface and does not have any real snow. Snowflex® is specifically designed to mimic how real snow feels and can be compared to snow that is packed down.
Can I buy tickets online or in advance?
- We do not sell any tickets online or in advance. All tickets are sold in hourly increments in-person and start at the time of purchase.
Is there an age or height requirement at Snowflex?
- There is not an age requirement at Snowflex. To utilize the Neveplast tubing runs, riders must be at least 36 inches tall. Anyone under 36 inches is welcome to use our sleds on the beginner runs. There is no height requirement for skiing and snowboarding on the slopes.
What should I wear?
- Snowflex does not have specific dress requirements. There are 2 inches of foam cushioning underneath the Snowflex material to ensure that the different impacts that you might experience while riding are minimal. Snowflex can be abrasive to bare skin. We highly recommend covering your knees and elbows to avoid “carpet burn” as much as possible.
What should I expect during my first Snowflex visit?
- Every patron needs to fill out a waiver upon arrival. Guests under 18 must have a parent/guardian sign the release form. If you are 18 and older, please bring a government-issued ID. If you’re a Liberty University student, your Flames Pass is required as well. All first-time visitors who are skiing or snowboarding are encouraged to start at the beginner slope immediately after check-in, regardless of skill level. Due to the physical differences between Snowflex and actual snow, even the most skilled riders must adapt to the surface before proceeding to the intermediate/advanced slope. Expect clothing to become damp due to the slope’s misting system.
Do you offer refunds or rainchecks?
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable for any reason after the order transaction is complete at the ticketing desk. This includes weather-related events. We do not issue rainchecks. Please check local weather conditions prior to planning your visit.