Steve Johnson, Ph.D., Th.M.
Director of Clinical Training
Marriage and Family Counseling
- Ph.D. in Marriage & Family Therapy, Texas Woman’s University
- Th.M. Bible Exposition, Dallas Theological Seminary
- B.A. History, Bryan College, Dayton, Tenn.
Licensure and Certifications
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS)
Steve is an associate professor and department chair for the online program. He began working with Liberty online in 2006 as an adjunct faculty and three years as an IM. For 17 years he was the Director of Behavioral Science at Valley Baptist Family Practice Residency program in Harlingen, Texas, a Christ-centered training program for family physicians. Prior to his position in Harlingen, he served 5 years as the director of Counseling Services and assistant professor of Pastoral Ministries at Dallas Theological Seminary. His areas of interest include Medical Family Therapy, Marital therapy, and online education.