Kristy M. Ford, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Counselor Education and Supervision, Liberty University, 2016
- M.S. Professional Counseling, Georgia State University, 1999
Field of Expertise
- Counseling Research
- Religious Values in Counseling
- Clinical Supervision
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, #MH12046, Florida, 2013
- Approved Clinical Supervisor, #MH12046, Florida, 2015
Dr. Ford is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor specializing in clinical supervision and counseling research. Her clinical experience includes private practice, pastoral counseling, managed care, and community-based care. Her research has focused on the use of spiritual interventions in counseling and multicultural issues related to religious accommodation of mindfulness practice in treatment, and she has presented research findings at national conferences. Her continued research and teaching interests include the integration of spirituality and effective counseling practice, mindfulness practice, attachment-based treatments, and neuroscience.