Kristy M. Ford, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Counselor Education and Supervision, Liberty University, 2016
- M.S. Professional Counseling, Georgia State University, 1999
Field of Expertise
- Counseling Research
- Religious Values in Counseling
- Clinical Supervision
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Florida
- Qualified LMHC Supervisor, Florida
Dr. Kristy Ford is a core faculty member in Liberty University’s clinical mental health counseling program and is a Florida LMHC specializing in clinical supervision and counseling research. Her clinical experience includes private practice, pastoral counseling, managed care, and community-based care. Her research focuses on the integration of spiritual practices in effective treatment, multicultural issues related to religious accommodation of mindfulness practice, wellness and self-care, and the impact of faculty and student mentoring experiences. She has presented research findings at multiple state, national, and international conferences.