Joe Cook, PhD, LPC-S
- Ph.D. Counselor Education and Supervision, Regent University
- M.A. Counseling, Dallas Baptist University
- D.Min. New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
- M.Div. Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- B.A. Howard Payne University
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Texas
- Approved Clinical Supervisor, Texas
Field of Expertise
- Clinical Supervision
- Integration of Christian Worldview with Counseling
Dr. Cook serves Liberty University as a professor in the Department of Counselor Education and Family Studies. He previously taught in the Master of Arts in Professional Counseling program at Dallas Baptist University for 16 years. He is a member of the American Association of Christian Counselors, Texas Counseling Association, and Christian Counselors of Texas. His focus in teaching is to assist students in integrating a Christian worldview within the practice of professional counseling, and to help students develop the clinical skills needed to be effective therapists. He is active in presenting at conferences at the local, state, and national level. He is active in his local church, and currently co-teaches a Sunday morning adult Bible study class.
Dr. Cook resides with his family in the Great State of Texas, and enjoys spending time with family, playing golf, and watching the local sports teams- Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, and Stars.