Patricia Kimball, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision, Liberty University
- M.A. in Professional Counseling, Liberty University
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Certified Clinical Supervisor, Commonwealth of Virginia
Field of Expertise
- Child & Adolescent Counseling
- Family Systems Counseling
- Assessment & Evaluation
- Crisis Intervention
- Clinical Supervision
- Counselor Education
Dr. Patricia Kimball specializes in counselor education in a university and clinical supervision settings. Prior to entering the world of higher education, she worked with high-risk children, adolescents and their families referred by the Department of Social Services, the Department of Juvenile Justice, local school systems and mental health agencies. She acted as the clinical director at various community-based agencies, developing and supervising programs for children, adolescents, and their families.
Dr. Kimball also specializes in crisis and suicide evaluation and intervention. Dr. Kimball’s research interests include ethics education, multicultural competence and how values connect these two concepts. She is also interested in how cross-cultural immersion experiences impact counseling students and the most effective ways to support the international development of counselors.