Deborah A. Braboy, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Counselor Education and Supervision, Regent University
- M.S. Counseling Psychology, Northeastern State University
Field of Expertise
- Grief and Loss
- Supervision and Leadership
- Higher Education
- Multicultural/Race Relations
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor, #P0801008, State of Arkansas
- Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor, #5559, State of Oklahoma
- National Certified Counselor, #219472
Deborah Braboy is an Assistant Professor at Liberty University. She enjoys being a counselor educator and mentoring new counselors. She is LPC-S in Arkansas and Oklahoma and is specialized to provide tech assisted counseling. Her clinical expertise includes owning a private practice, Anchored Hope Counseling, working with adolescents and adults primarily with grief and loss issues, depression, couples, trauma, and anxiety. She has worked as a licensed counselor for over 15 years in outpatient settings, school-based programs, and now private practice. She utilizes the EFT model when working with couples due to the attachment connection which needs to be addressed to strengthen relationships. She is also trained in EMDR to use with her clients who have experienced trauma. Because of her journey as a young widow, she has used her experiences to help others in the journey of grief and loss. Her greatest joy and accomplishments come from her relationships with her husband, children, and grandchildren (they’re the BEST!).
Dr. Braboy currently serves as a Chapter Faculty Advisor (CFA) for the Chi Sigma Iota Rho Eta online student chapter Rho Eta Sigma.