Cheryl Smith, Ph.D., NCC
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision, Regent University
- MA in Marriage and Family Therapy, with a specialization in Leadership and Coaching, Richmont Graduate University
- B.S. in Psychology, Florida A & M University
Field of Expertise
- Career Counseling
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Christian counseling / faith-based integration
- African American and Latino populations
Licensure and Certification
- National Certified Counselor
Dr. Smith has over sixteen years of experience as a counselor educator and clinician. Her clinical background includes work in a wide range of clinical settings such as in-patient psychiatric hospitals, private practice, community-based programs, K-12 schools, church and para-ministries, and college counseling centers. Dr. Smith’s academy experience includes program development, administration, clinical supervision, and online instruction/supervision.
She is a member of the American Counseling Association, the National Career Development Association, and the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision. She is a master trainer and mental health facilitator with the National Board for Certified Counselors.
Dr. Smith is passionate about missions and counselor development. She traveled internationally and served on the 2017 Rwanda delegation for the National Board of Certified Counselor-International, where she provided mental health awareness training to women and families who were victims of genocide.
Dr. Smith is called to equip the body of Christ to strengthen individuals, marriages, and families towards wellness and holistic soul care. Her research interests are growth mindset, career development, and the science of happiness.