LU Emergency Notifications
In the event of an emergency, you will be notified by:
- Text and email (if signed up for campus alerts)
- Outdoor sirens of the Liberty University Emergency Warning System
- Announcement on myLU
- Announcement on The Journey radio 88.3 FM
A second notice will be distributed when safety has been restored.
Report an Emergency
Dial 3911 from any Liberty University phone or (434) 592-3911 from any cell or off-campus phone.
Add this number to your phone with the area code to save time during an emergency.
What to Do in an Emergency
The Emergency Management & Community Engagement Department has resources to help you navigate a variety of hazards and emergencies.
- Emergency Plans – know what to do when unexpected weather or emergency events happen
- Emergency & Safety Training courses – empower yourself with the knowledge to stay safe
Have You Witnessed or Been the Victim of a Crime?
If so, then it is important to know what rights and what resources are available to you. The LUPD Victim/Witness Information Form was created to do just that. Take the time to read and understand the information on this form. You are not alone!