Mike Takacs, PhD, LPC-S
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision, Liberty University
- Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction, Liberty University
- M.A. in Professional Counseling, Liberty University
- B.S. in Criminal Justice, Liberty University
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Professional Counselor – Supervisor, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Approved Clinical Supervisor, Commonwealth of Virginia
Field of Expertise
- Clinical Outpatient in Private Practice
- Clinical Supervision
- Committed to Professional Counseling Organizations and Advocacy Groups
Dr. Mike Takacs has lived and worked in the central VA community for over 20 years. He holds a Masters in Professional Counseling (2010), an Education Specialist degree (2012) and a PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision (2018). He is an assistant professor and has strong affiliations with Chi Sigma Iota at the university. He is active in presenting at conferences at the local, state, national and international levels. In clinical practice he has experience working with various services such as crisis, intensive in home, day treatment, case management, and outpatient. He has worked with a wide range of clients from as young as 4 years old to the geriatric community. Currently he clinically practices with a limited availability in a private outpatient counseling office in Lynchburg. In addition to teaching and clinical practice he engages in the profession as the past president of the Lynchburg Area Counselors Association (2019-2021) and president of VACES (2021). His passion is mentoring and the development of the profession through service in the field and community.
Dr. Takacs currently serves as Lead Chapter Faculty Advisor (CFA) for the Chi Sigma Iota Rho Eta online chapters.