Liberty University’s Strategic Plan
Liberty University’s Strategic Plan for 2017-2022 was adopted by the Board of Trustees on November 3, 2017. Like previous plans, this strategic plan supports the University’s mission and provides a critical component of the University’s framework for goal setting, budgeting, on-going assessment, and decision-making that leads to continuous improvement.
The Strategic Goals of the Plan are organized under six Critical Success Categories:
- We are a unique community that fosters the Fruit of the Spirit in students, faculty, staff and alumni.
- Liberty University will provide a comprehensive array of academic programs, grounded in a Biblical world-view that will produce highly sought after graduates with the knowledge, values and skills needed to excel in the workplace, flourish in life and to positively impact their communities.
Top Level Athletics
- Liberty develops champions through a successful NCAA athletic program that wins at the highest levels, and through a recreation program that provides participation opportunities for all students, while providing value for the university.
Modern Facilities and Infrastructure
- We will continually develop an awe-inspiring campus with pioneering technology applications that promote and support the Liberty culture.
- As a leadership team unified by a Christ-centered mission, we will be courageous entrepreneurs and good stewards of what God provides.
Strong Presence or Brand
- Position Liberty University as the world’s premiere Christian university experience, academically acclaimed, grounded in faith with global influence.
All University departments will implement actions needed to achieve expected outcomes at defined target levels connected to those University strategic goals and objectives relevant to their area.