Lisa Compton, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Counselor Education and Supervision, Regent University
- M.S.W. Clinical Social Work, Virginia Commonwealth University
- B.A. Psychology and Religion, University of Richmond
Field of Expertise
- Trauma Treatment and Education
- Compassion Fatigue Education
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Clinical Social Work, Virginia
- Critical Incident Stress Management, International Critical Incident Stress Foundation
- Certified Employee Assistance Professional, International Employee Assistance Professional Association
- Certified Trauma Treatment Specialist, Association of Traumatic Stress Specialists
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing, Green Cross Traumatology
- Compassion Fatigue Educator, Green Cross Traumatology
Dr. Lisa Compton has over 25 years of counseling experience and nine years of teaching in higher education. She is a core faculty member in the Department of Counselor Education and Family Studies at Liberty University – where she teaches students from all over the country who are pursuing an online counseling degree. Dr. Compton currently serves on the board of the Association of Traumatic Stress Specialists and on the education committee of the Florida Mental Health Counselors Association. She is the co-author of Preparing for trauma work in clinical mental health: A workbook to enhance self-awareness and promote the safe, competent practice and has also presented at counseling conferences and published several journal articles related to trauma. Her work reflects her admiration for trauma survivors and her passion to prepare clinicians, ministers, and other professionals to provide effective care in the heroic journey of trauma recovery.