Liberty Offers a Wide Variety of Graduate Certificate Programs Online
Earning an online graduate certificate is one of the fastest and most convenient ways to boost your career and increase your opportunities. With coursework from one of our graduate certificate online programs, you can set yourself apart from other candidates, learn new skills, and move forward into advanced roles within the workforce.
Our graduate certificate programs are offered 100% online with no set login times – allowing you to further your education while remaining committed to your job, family, and community. You can also complete most of these programs in 1-2 semesters, so you won’t have to commit an extended amount of time to your studies.
Earn a graduate certificate or an executive certificate at Liberty, gain marketable graduate-level instruction, and add a career-enhancing set of skills to your résumé.
Online Graduate Certificate Programs:
- Applied Communication Studies
- Fundamentals of Communication
- Organizational Communication
- Strategic Communication
Counseling and Behavioral Sciences
- Autism Education
- CTE Transition and Special Needs
- Educational Technology and Online Instruction
- Gifted Education
- Middle Grades
- School Administration and Supervision
- School Leadership
- Special Education General Curriculum
- Urban Education
Music & Worship
- Christian Leadership
- Christian Ministry
- Church Ministry in the Digital Age
- Global Studies
- Theological Studies
- Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction
- Executive Certificate in Higher Education Administration
- Executive Certificate in Instructional Design and Technology
- Executive Certificate in School Administration and Supervision
- Executive Certificate in Special Education
- Executive Certificate in Criminal Justice
- Executive Certificate in Law and Policy
- Executive Certificate in Public Administration
- Executive Certificate in Public Policy
- Executive Certificate in Clinical Leadership
- Executive Certificate in Nursing Educational Leadership
- Postgraduate Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Want to see how Liberty University compares to the competition?
The Compare Us page shows how our award-winning programs give you the best value for your time and money.
Online Certificate Highlights
- Your success is our mission. Many of Liberty University’s graduate online certificate programs can be completed in as few as 6 courses, and most of our executive certificates can be completed in about 7 courses. Completing your online certificate program faster may allow you to begin advancing your career after one semester.
- Admission to a graduate, postgraduate or executive online certificate program is a simple process! In a few simple steps, you can be on your way to starting your new online certificate program.
- Our graduate certificate programs can be completed 100% online. This means you can remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community. You can pursue your goals without worrying about taking courses on campus.
- We have frozen our tuition rates for the past 8 years – and counting. Our flexibility and affordable tuition help you get the training you need quickly and inexpensively.*
- Many of our Executive Certificates can be rolled directly into a corresponding doctoral degree, allowing you to get a jumpstart on your doctorate!
- We offer you access to expert professors, world-class research resources, community with like-minded peers, and rigorous curricula that has been designed with your success in mind.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
*Please note: Effective Spring 2022, tuition rates for Liberty’s PMHNP programs have increased. For details, please see our tuition and fees page.
Here are some answers to common questions you may have about Liberty’s online graduate certificate programs:
Are online graduate certificates worth it?
Graduate certificates are strategic résumé builders as well as tools to widen your expertise. If you’re currently in a profession and lack certain skills or knowledge, a graduate certificate can help fill that need.
An online graduate certificate can also help fill the gap in your experience if you are trying to move into a new role and have an unrelated bachelor’s degree. Most master’s degrees take about 2 years to complete. Starting with a certificate can help you reach your goals faster than diving straight into a full master’s degree.
After earning your certificate, you can make your move in the job market with fresh skills while moving forward to a master’s degree. Graduate certificates can help you hone your credentials for the exact role you want in a much shorter time than a full master’s degree. They can also bring a much faster return on your investment of time and money.
This flexibility and shorter approach make graduate certificates well worth your consideration. If you’re interested in one of our online graduate certificate programs, request information or apply today and experience firsthand what an online graduate certificate can do for you!
Can you get a graduate certificate without a master’s degree?
Yes! Our graduate certificate programs require a bachelor’s degree for admission – no master’s degree required. However, a master’s degree is required for admission to an executive certificate program. For more information on what is required to be admitted to specific online graduate certificate programs, please see the admission requirements section.
What is a graduate certificate program?
Graduate certificate programs provide advanced, selective courses of study for professionals and students who want to broaden their experience. A graduate certificate can help you change jobs, advance your career, or prepare for a master’s degree.
Courses in Liberty’s graduate certificates are transferrable to related graduate programs and bear the same accreditation as Liberty’s master’s degrees. With so many options, you can easily find a graduate certificate to help you fit your desired niche.
What is an advanced certificate?
Advanced certificates are specially designed tracks for specific industry roles that fit into a compact certificate package. Advanced certificates differ from standard graduate certificates in that they are more extensive and cover focused skill areas rather than topics or disciplines.
Liberty’s advanced certificates are especially helpful for military personnel. On their own, advanced certificates are great for moving into specialized industries but also fit well into related doctoral tracks. This tailored approach provides the best use of military benefits while transitioning into a rewarding civilian role from military experience.
What is a graduate certificate vs. a degree?
Graduate certificate programs are shorter in length than degree programs. For example, a master’s degree could take over a year to complete – but a graduate certificate program can typically be completed in 1-2 semesters. Though the credit hour count remains the same, because there are fewer courses, online graduate certificate programs generally cost less than full-length degree programs.
Liberty University Is a Leader in Online Certificate Programs
Liberty University’s online programs are widely recognized for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our convenient online format and low tuition make pursuing a graduate certificate more simple than ever before!
Take some time to explore our graduate online certificate programs and benefits. When you are ready, you can apply online or over the phone at (800) 424-9596. Call us today for more information and for help planning a path to a career you love from one of the premier online colleges.