Lead Others to Christ by Obtaining a Firmer Grasp on Scripture Interpretation
Are you a part of a ministry or Christian institution and want to expand on your knowledge of performing biblical exegesis? At Liberty University, our Executive Certificate in Bible Exposition can provide you with graduate- and doctoral-level coursework on Scripture interpretation. You can develop the skills you’ll need to better lead others to Christ and teach them theological truths.
Through this program, you can open doors to a variety of career options as a ministry director, senior pastor, author, professor, publisher, and more. Additionally, this certificate works perfectly with Liberty University’s PhD in Bible Exposition. You can transfer all 21 credits directly into our PhD, giving you a jumpstart on your doctorate if you choose to pursue a terminal degree after completing your certificate.
Perfect for Military Benefits
If you have served in the military, we want to go above and beyond to show you our gratitude. That’s why we designed our 21-credit-hour certificates to work especially well for you. Earning an Executive Certificate makes you eligible for our military alumni doctoral discount — you’ll be able to roll these credits into the corresponding doctoral degree and pay only $300 per hour for the remaining credits.
If your plans to earn a doctoral degree lay further in the future, each certificate also stands on its own as a professional development credential, setting you apart from your peers and giving you the flexibility to start a doctoral degree whenever you’re ready. It’s one more way we show our appreciation.
Why Choose Liberty’s Executive Certificate in Bible Exposition?
At Liberty, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. In keeping with that mission, we strive for excellence in all that we do. By earning your Executive Certificate from Liberty University, you will receive the following benefits:
- Flexibility | Each of your certificate courses is offered in a 100% online, 8-week format with 8 different start dates throughout the year. You can complete your certificate at your own pace while continuing to devote time to your family, church, work, and community.
- Professors | Our professors are distinguished individuals who have led ministries, pastored churches, and authored Christian books. They are ready to partner with you as you complete your certificate and help you with your academic, professional, and spiritual growth.
- Transfer Opportunities | An exciting feature of our Executive Certificates is that you can transfer all 21 credits directly into one of our doctoral degrees. This certificate allows you to get a jumpstart on your doctorate without committing to the program right away.
What Will You Learn in Our Executive Certificate in Bible Exposition?
If you have taught others about God’s Word as a pastor, ministry director, or professor, then you understand the value of proper biblical exegesis. This knowledge is critical when you are leading and educating others on theology and Christian living. Our Bible exposition certificate is designed to provide you with scholarly biblical knowledge that will help you teach others.
In this program, you will complete doctoral-level courses that will help you develop and hone your preaching skills. You will also take courses in Greek and Hebrew so you can learn the skills needed to perform your own exegesis. Take a look at the required courses below to learn more about what you’ll be studying.
- BIBL 700 – Introduction to Bible Exposition
- BIBL 715 – Hermeneutics
- NBST 800 – New Testament Backgrounds or OBST 800 – Old Testament Backgrounds
Choose from one of the following groups:
- NGRK 505 – Greek Language Tools and NGRK 511 – Advanced Greek Language Tools
- NGRK 620 – Greek Syntax and a graduate-level NGRK elective
Choose from one of the following groups:
- OTCL 505 – Hebrew Language Tools and OTCL 511 – Advanced Hebrew Language Tools
- OTCL 640 – Hebrew Syntax and Exegesis and OTCL 643 – Hebrew Exegesis Elective
Highlights of Our Executive Certificate in Bible Exposition
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Executive Certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- You can complete your Executive Certificate in Bible Exposition is as little as 1.5 years.
- You can transfer all of your hard-earned credits from this certificate into Liberty’s PhD in Bible Exposition – giving you a jumpstart on your doctorate.
Executive Certificate in Bible Exposition Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Executive Certificates
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $300 per credit hour for postgraduate courses
- Roll these credits into the corresponding doctoral degree
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Please note: The $300/credit hour doctoral military rate cannot be combined with the First Responder Discount.
Career Opportunities for Executive Certificate in Bible Exposition Graduates
- Church administrator
- Ministry director
- Publisher for Christian books, devotionals, Bible translations, etc.
- Senior pastor
- University administrator
- Vocational missionary
Some of these occupations may require a PhD. That’s why Liberty created Executive Certificates that can seamlessly transfer into one of our corresponding PhD programs. So if you are looking to further your studies after completing your Bible exposition certificate, you will be able to transfer all 21 credits into our PhD in Bible Exposition!
Admission Requirements for Executive Certificates
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- John W. Rawlings School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Writing sample
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.