Don’t pay more than you should for a doctoral degree.
Whether your next phase of leadership is military or civilian, more people should benefit from your experience. So at Liberty University, you’ll find more than one way to reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
Two simple pathways for military students:
Already have a graduate degree from Liberty?
- Start your doctoral degree within 2 years of graduation.
- Pay only $300 per credit hour.
Don’t have a graduate degree from Liberty?
- Start with one of our 21-hour Executive Certificates — available at $300/credit hour and eligible for TA benefits.
- Roll those credits into one of our doctoral programs and continue to pay only $300/credit hour for the rest of your courses.
For example: Get an Executive Certificate in Business Administration at $300/credit hour, using your TA benefits. Use it as a valuable credential on its own, or nest it under our Doctor of Business Administration degree and pay $300/credit hour for the remaining 39 doctoral hours.
You understand the value of proper training. So do we. Lead your field with the degree you need — at a price you’ve earned. We’re grateful for your service.
- The $300/credit hour discounted tuition rate is only available to active service members, eligible veterans, and spouses who are new to a doctoral program in Fall 2020 or after.
- Department of Defense employees are not eligible for the $300/hour tuition rate at the doctoral level.
- Qualifying military students who confer a master’s degree, executive certificate, postgraduate degree, or doctorate from Liberty University and pursue a doctoral program with Liberty within 2 years of their degree conferral date are eligible for the $300/credit hour doctoral military tuition discount. Please see additional benefits for more details on exceptions.
- The $300/credit hour doctoral military rate cannot be combined with the First Responder Discount.
Maximize your TA benefits to further your military career or thrive professionally in the civilian sector with an executive certificate from Liberty University.
These 21-hour certificates can stand on their own as professional development credentials or lay the groundwork for a full doctoral degree. All courses are nested into our doctoral degree programs – without using your GI Bill benefits.
Credits can apply toward a doctoral degree.
With military tuition assistance, you can earn post-graduate credits as part of a 21-hour certificate program. These certificates can help you gain advanced standing in one of our doctoral programs when you’re ready.
- Executive Certificate in Bible Exposition (Ph.D. in Bible Exposition)
- Executive Certificate in Business Administration (DBA)
- Executive Certificate in Clinical Leadership (DNP)
- Executive Certificate in Communication (Ph.D. in Communication)
- Executive Certificate in Criminal Justice (Ph.D. in Criminal Justice)
- Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction – exclusively priced at $275/credit hour
- Executive Certificate in Higher Education Administration – exclusively priced at $275/credit hour
- Executive Certificate in History (Ph.D. in History)
- Executive Certificate in Instructional Design and Technology (Ph.D. in Education: Instructional Design and Technology)
- Executive Certificate in Nursing Educational Leadership (Ph.D. in Nursing: Nursing Education)
- Executive Certificate in Psychology (Ph.D. in Psychology)
- Executive Certificate in Public Administration (DPA)
- Executive Certificate in Special Education (Ph.D. in Education: Special Education)
- Executive Certificate in Strategic Leadership (DSL)
Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) – Pastoral Counseling
Our D.Min. in Pastoral Counseling is offered at just $275/credit hour for qualifying service members. With this program, you are not required to complete another degree with Liberty to receive the discounted tuition rate.
Additionally, qualifying service members pursuing our D.Min. in Pastoral Counseling will receive a block rate of just $1,925 a semester when taking 7-15 credits in a single semester – less than $130/credit hour when taking 15 credits!
Education Specialist (Ed.S.) and Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
Our Ed.S. and Ed.D. programs are offered at a discounted rate of $275/credit hour for qualifying service members. With these programs, you are not required to complete another degree with Liberty to receive the discounted tuition rate!
John W. Rawlings School of Divinity Doctoral Programs
Qualifying service members will receive a block rate of just $2,700 a semester when pursuing a doctoral divinity degree and taking 7-15 credits in a single semester. This is only $180/credit hour when taking 15 credits!
Postgraduate Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Our nurse practitioner certificate is offered at a discounted rate of $275/credit hour for qualifying service members.