Take a Look at Some of the Many Reasons to Choose Liberty University Online Programs!
We are excited that you are exploring a potential future at Liberty University! Through hard work and commitment, we have seen our university grow and reach more individuals than we ever thought possible. Because we know the meaning of dedication, we are committed to training our students in a way that pushes them to reach their highest potential and complete an online degree that will set them up for success.
Liberty’s classroom extends well beyond the borders of our campus in Lynchburg, VA to a global community of online students representing all 50 states and more than 86 countries. We invite you to review the Top 10 reasons you should choose Liberty University to pursue your online degree.
1. Liberty University’s Online Degree Programs Provide Quality Education at Every Level
Liberty University has been pioneering distance education since 1985. For almost four decades, we have provided a unique and proven approach to distance learning, eventually online education, through our online associates, bachelors, masters, postgraduate, and doctoral degrees.
Liberty University’s Program Highlights:
- By earning your online degree from a non-profit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in three straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- Liberty University ranked in the top five for best online colleges according to Bestcolleges.com.
2. Liberty University is a Leader Among the Most Affordable Online Christian Colleges
We understand that paying for college can be a strain on your finances and so at Liberty, we work to ease the burden by accepting financial aid, military tuition assistance, and veteran benefits. We also offer a variety of payment plan options to give you the most practical ways to pay your tuition cost.
Liberty’s tuition rates are in the bottom third of top online schools — one of the lowest in the nation when compared to other residential and online universities. As a non-profit institution, Liberty University is not designed to profit investors with your educational investment. Instead, our online college tuition costs are kept at a reasonable rate that helps to make your education experience even better and reach the world for Christ.
For more information regarding online tuition costs, please visit our Liberty University Online Programs tuition rate and fees page.
3. Liberty University’s 100% Online Degree Programs Offer Flexibility and Structure
Our online degree programs are specifically designed to work around your schedule. We believe that earning a degree online does not mean you have to sacrifice the important responsibilities in your life to further your education. With few exceptions, our undergraduate and graduate degrees can be completed 100% online with courses that are offered in 8-week formats, with no set login times, so you can study, write papers, and take tests at times that are convenient for you.
Certain online degree programs at the Graduate and Doctoral level may require in-class training to enhance your learning experience. These intensive format courses will give you the amazing opportunity to visit Liberty’s beautiful campus in Lynchburg, VA and connect with professionals in the field. Liberty’s online degrees exist to give you enough structure to stay on track with the flexibility to fit school into your busy life.
4. All Courses in Liberty’s Online Degree Programs are Taught from A Christian Worldview
Liberty University’s mission is to train Champions for Christ with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for impacting the world for Christ. As an online student at Liberty University, you will know that your education and future matter. Because we are a Christian college, we value the opportunity to pray for you and your future as we guide you through your educational journey, and we offer many resources to help you grow spiritually as you grow in your academics. If you become a Liberty University student, you will become a part of a thriving community of Christians who will go out into the world and represent Christ in every industry.
5. Earn Your Degree Confidently from an Accredited Online College
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award certificate, associate, bachelors, masters, post-graduate, and doctoral degrees. With degrees in many rewarding fields such as Business and Education, Liberty has additional accreditations for individual programs and schools that go beyond our prestigious institutional credentials.
Our online Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration is additionally accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), which means that it has met the standards of business education that promotes teaching excellence.
With an accredited online degree from Liberty University, you can enhance your resume and prepare for success in whatever career path you choose. For additional information about the different program and school accreditations, see the Accreditation page.
6. Liberty University’s High Academic Standards Promote Excellence in Every Online Degree
At Liberty, you have an amazing opportunity to choose from hundreds of certificate, associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs in many sought-after specializations, including business, criminal justice, education, nursing, and more. We also allow you to transfer credit from previous college courses, and may even be able to give credit for training and on-the-job experience. Liberty’s online degree programs offer a variety of ways for you pursue the career you want, in less time than you may expect.
7. Liberty’s Faculty and Staff Members are Personally Invested in Your Success
Our faculty are not only highly qualified and experienced in their fields, but they are also personally invested in your success. Many of Liberty’s professors teach on our residential campus, so you know you’re getting the same great education and the same great mentorship as our on-campus students.
8. Liberty University is Proud to Offer Benefits to Our Military Students
Are you a service member, veteran, military spouse, or Department of Defense employee? We are proud to support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250/$275 for undergraduate/graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565/$625 per course undergraduate/graduate).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year and no set login times.
- Undergraduate students may be able to receive college credit for military training.
As an accredited institution, Liberty University is eligible to participate in federal education programs such as military tuition assistance, government tuition reimbursement programs, the GI Bill®, and corporate tuition assistance. Credits and degrees earned through Liberty are therefore recognized by private industry and by the military and federal government for promotion, assignment, and position qualification standards.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
9. Liberty University Offers Resources and Student Support Services to Further Your Success
At Liberty, we know that there is much more to college than just academics. During this exciting journey to earn a college degree, we want to help you make the most of this time. Our student resources and support offices exist to support you academically, spiritually, personally, and professionally. We are committed to helping you succeed in every area of life through our various support services.
Academic Support for Online Students:
- Career Center – Valuable educational and career development opportunities for online students and alumni.
- Writing Services and Online Writing Center – Tutorials, presentations, and web resources to help online students follow college-level writing standards.
Liberty University Online Library – Thousands of periodicals and scholarly journals available to online students through the Jerry Falwell Library Research Portal.
Stay Connected with Liberty’s Technical Support Services
- IT Marketplace – Greatly discounted rates on the purchase of computers, software, and other technology
- Liberty University Barnes & Noble Bookstore – Your source for Liberty sportswear, gifts, and accessories, including Liberty’s official university diploma frame
- LUbay: Online Student Center – An online marketplace where residential and online students can buy and sell used course materials
- MBS Direct – The official online bookstore for Liberty University’s Online Programs
10. Liberty University Welcomes Online Students to Campus
Liberty University’s online degree programs are designed to give you the opportunity to complete your degree from home. However, as an online student at Liberty, we want to welcome you to our campus in Lynchburg, Virginia. We understand that completing your online degree program is your priority, but if you want a taste of the university experience along the way, our campus has a lot to offer. We create incredible opportunities for our students scattered around the globe to visit our brick-and-mortar campus. Whether you are a residential or online student, you are important to Liberty. We’d love to have you!