Make a Positive Impact in Public Policy by Earning an Advanced Certificate!
Do you want to grow professionally, increase your earning potential, and expand your career options? Our 100% online Advanced Graduate Certificate in Public Policy can help! If you are interested in policy, politics, and government work, an advanced certificate can increase your marketability, the chance of promotion, and provide professional development opportunities.
With public policy training from Liberty University, you can help shape policy across governmental, legislative, political, and academia. You can also be a part of inspiring the next generation of public officials, leaders, scholars, and policymakers.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Advanced Graduate Certificate in Public Policy?
Let us help you develop professionally and achieve your career goals with our online advanced graduate certificate in public policy! This certificate program is designed to enhance your credentials and training in matters of public policy. Not only will you be taking courses that can be transferred directly into our Master’s in Public Policy degree, but you can gauge whether or not completing a master’s degree would benefit you professionally.
There is a huge demand for public policy specialists currently, with an extensive range of possible occupations within the field. According to the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA), public policy certificate holders find themselves working in a variety of nonprofit, for-profit, and governmental contexts. From research to public relations, the opportunities are constantly expanding for professionals in the field.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Public Policy Advanced Graduate Certificate Program?
In order to set you up for success in your career endeavors, the first course you take in our public policy certificate is an introduction to writing and research at the graduate level. We require this course in hopes of preparing you for the academic rigor of your graduate coursework. By building these vital skills in the beginning, you will have more confidence in your professional writing ability.
Our online public policy courses examine major topics in economics, leadership, statesmanship and governance, political philosophy, foreign policy, and policy analysis. Additionally, our Introduction to Geopolitics course provides an understanding of the importance of effective cross-cultural interactions among nations and at the highest political levels.
- PPOG 500: Introduction to Writing, Research, and Turabian
- PPOG 502: Economics and Public Policy
- PPOG 503: Political Philosophy
- PPOG 504: Leadership, Statesmanship, and Governance
- PPOG 506: Introduction to Geopolitics & International Diplomacy
- PPOL 501: Foundations of American Governance: An Introduction to Public Policy
- PPOL 505: Applied Public Policy Research Methods
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Public Policy Highlights
- By earning your online Advanced Graduate Certificate in Public Policy from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- You may apply credits earned in this Advanced Graduate Certificate in Public Policy toward a relevant master’s degree!
- You can complete this advanced certificate program in as little as one and a half years.
Online Advanced Graduate Certificate in Public Policy Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan.
- View the graduate course syllabi (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year and no set login times.
Potential Career Options with an Advanced Graduate Certificate in Public Policy
- Data Analyst
- Public Interest/Advocate Group Management
- Public Relations Specialist
Admission Requirements for Our Advanced Graduate Certificate in Public Policy
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.