Help Others Develop Healthier Lifestyles with a Health Education Certificate Online
Liberty’s online Graduate Certificate in Health Promotion can help you pursue roles in health planning, communication, and advocacy. In this program, you can learn how to promote wellness in your community and beyond. If you are passionate about helping others achieve healthier lifestyles, Liberty can help you transform that passion into a rewarding career.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Health Education Specialists and Community Health Workers, (viewed online June 23, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Our health promotion certificate is perfect for professionals looking to advance in their field, pursue new job opportunities, or boost their current job performance. Plus, if you later decide to further your education, the courses in this program can be transferred to a relevant master’s degree.
Partner with us and prepare to make a difference in the lives of people everywhere.
Potential Career Options with an Graduate Certificate in Health Promotion
Our Graduate Certificate in Health Promotion can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited certificate:
- Director of non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Education program manager
- Employee wellness coordinator
- Health and safety advocate
- Health programs analyst
- Public health specialist
The health education and planning skills that you gain from our certificate in health promotion can be an asset in many other aspects of the world as you pursue positions of added responsibility. Additionally, the credits from this certificate may transfer directly into the Master of Public Health in Health Promotion. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a health education certificate from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
What are the benefits of earning a Graduate Certificate in Health Promotion?
This program may help you advance in your career, earn a higher salary, or stand out from the competition. You can also have the opportunity to hone your skill set, which can help you become more effective in your current job. In some cases, earning a certificate can even help you launch a new career altogether!
Credits from this health promotion certificate transfer seamlessly into our online master’s in health promotion degree, should you later decide to further your education. Pursue a certificate today and increase your knowledge of health care education!
Which health sciences certificate should I pursue?
Our health promotion program is a great option for those seeking a career in health advocacy. If you want to address health challenges at the international level, you may want to consider our Graduate Certificate in Global Health. Or, if you want to learn how to help others make good nutritional choices, our Graduate Certificate in Nutrition may be right for you.
Why Choose Liberty’s Graduate Certificate in Health Education?
Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ. We strive to help our students thrive in their academic, professional, and spiritual life. At Liberty, you can gain knowledge and skills that can be used to impact the world.
As a Liberty student, you can integrate ethical principles with professional knowledge and prepare to stand out as a person of integrity in the workplace. You can also receive valuable mentorship from our seasoned faculty, who have years of experience working in health and fitness.
If you can’t commit to a full-length master’s degree, then our health promotion online courses are for you. At only 15 credit hours, you can complete this certificate in just 1 year — and 100% online! We offer a fast, flexible path to graduation that lets you further your education without putting your life on hold.
What Will You Learn in Our Health Promotion Courses Online?
Learn how to develop, implement, and oversee health education programs.
Our certificate courses can help strengthen your skills in management and communication. You can learn how to evaluate the needs of your community and create programs that address common health problems. With this knowledge, you can help others develop healthier habits and work toward a brighter future.
You can also explore best methods for managing health agencies. In this program, you can learn how to use counseling, public campaigns, social media, and political processes to advocate for health. At Liberty, you can train to become an agent of change and help diverse populations overcome health challenges.
Partner with us and prepare to shape public health behaviors in your community.
- HLTH 630 – Principles of Community Health
- HLTH 632 – Health Program Planning
- HLTH 633 – Health Program Evaluation
- HLTH 634 – Health Communication and Advocacy
- HLTH 635 – Health Agency Management
Highlights of Liberty University’s Health Promotion Online Certificate
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online healthcare promotion certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- Liberty is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You can complete this health educator certificate program in as little as 1 year!
- Our online health education courses are only 8 weeks long, with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
Online Health Promotion Graduate Certificate Information
- This health promotion certificate program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for our healthcare education certificate.
- View the online Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Graduate Certificate in Health Education Online
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Health Education and Promotion Certificate Online
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.