Affordability, Accessibility, and Academic Quality
With so many online colleges and universities to choose from, it can be difficult to find an online program that is both flexible and affordable. Liberty University’s online programs can offer you both!
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
We have been pioneering distance education since 1985 and offer a unique and proven approach to online education.
Liberty University is continually striving towards new educational advancements and increased degree availability. We want you to be able to pursue a degree that best fits your passions and career goals.
Liberty University offers:
- Over 450 online degree programs to choose from
- The same quality standards as our residential programs
- Continuously updated course content designed to reflect current industry practices
- A faculty comprised of leaders from each field who bring real-world experience to the virtual classroom
We understand that fitting a degree into your busy life can be challenging. For this reason, we give you the ability to customize your Liberty University degree completion plan to fit your schedule best.
To meet your personal and education needs:
- Most of our online degrees are offered in a 100% online format.
- Online degree programs are offered in an 8-week sub-term format with 8 start dates per year.
- Most of Liberty’s online degree programs offer flexibility to complete assignments at any time of the day with no required login times.
- Liberty University does not require standardized test scores for admission to undergraduate programs.
Liberty University wants to not only provide you with quality education but also offer tuition rates at an affordable price. We understand that finding ways to pay for your education can be difficult. For this reason, we have worked on ensuring that tuition remains at a reasonable price while still providing an advanced, accredited, and excellent education.
Liberty University Affordability Highlights
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Nearly 80% of students are awarded financial aid towards tuition including grants and student loans.
- Up to 75% of your undergraduate degree total and as much as 50% of your graduate/doctoral degree total can be transferred to relevant programs, saving you time and money.
- You may earn course credit for standardized tests, military experience, work training, and more!
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Discounted tuition rates:
- $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- $300 per credit hour for eligible doctoral programs
- Additional discounts for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
- A dedicated Office of Military Affairs, who can process your military-given benefits like Tuition Assistance and GI Bill® benefits
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.