Equip Preschoolers for Future Success with a Graduate Certificate in Early Childhood Education Online
Do you love working with young children? Are you looking to hone your skills in early childhood education? Do you want to take your teaching career to the next level?
If so, Liberty University’s Graduate Certificate in Preschool is for you! This online program is designed to help you become a more effective preschool teacher or administrator. You’ll learn how to set young children up for future academic success while fostering their curiosity, creativity, and love of learning.
Partner with us and prepare to make a difference in the lives of your students.
Potential Career Options with a Graduate Certificate in Preschool
Our preschool certificate can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited certificate:
- Child services provider
- Curriculum designer
- Daycare operator
- Educational consultant
- Preschool administrator
- Preschool teacher
The skills that you gain from our certificate in preschool can be an asset in many other aspects of the education world as you pursue positions of added responsibility. Additionally, the credits from this certificate may transfer directly into the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Early Childhood Education. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a preschool certificate from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
*Some exclusions apply. Please refer to our exclusions page for more information.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Preschool Teachers, 2020 (viewed online June 22, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Preschool Certificate Program?
Our online preschool certificate is an excellent alternative to a full-length master’s degree, allowing you to gain new skills while saving time and money! And, if you later decide to further your education, credits from this program can be applied toward our M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Early Childhood Education degree.
Pursue an Add-On Early Childhood Education Endorsement Online
If you already have an elementary teaching license, this certificate can help you qualify for an add-on early childhood endorsement for 3- and 4-year-olds. This endorsement can help equip you to teach, lead, and direct preschool programs.
Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Graduate Certificate in Preschool program, you may apply for the add-on endorsement in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
For more information, please visit our School of Education graduate certificate page.
We’re committed to helping you achieve your academic goals without putting your life on hold. This program is available 100% online, and the classes have no set login times. You can complete your coursework whenever and wherever it’s most convenient for you — even from the comfort of your home!
Liberty has been a pioneer in distance education since 1985. A lot has changed since then, but our commitment to Training Champions for Christ has not. At Liberty, you’ll learn how to approach education from a biblical perspective and live out ethical principles in your career.
Why pursue a Graduate Certificate in Preschool?
Working with preschoolers can be a challenging yet rewarding experience. Our early childhood graduate certificate can help equip you to meet their unique needs. You’ll receive specialized training in early childhood behavior and development. With this knowledge, you can prepare to help young children thrive in school — and in life.
What Will You Learn in Our Early Childhood Graduate Certificate Courses?
In this program, you’ll learn about the physical, cognitive, social, emotional, and spiritual development of young children. Our seasoned faculty can help equip you to meet the needs of preschoolers and develop teaching strategies that help them thrive.
Our Graduate Certificate in Preschool will build on your previous teaching experience, allowing you to receive specialized training in early childhood education. You’ll explore how to serve children with a broad range of developmental levels, interests, and cultural backgrounds. Additionally, you’ll learn how to incorporate exploration and play into the preschool classroom.
Liberty’s preschool certificate can also equip you to design lesson plans and develop a curriculum that prepares children for elementary school. Join us and learn how to help young students reach important milestones and prepare for future success.
- EDEC 598 – Field Experience Practicum: Early Childhood
- EDEC 653 – Current Issues in Early Childhood Education
- EDEC 670 – Curriculum and Methods for Early Childhood
- EDUC 501 – Advanced Child Development
Highlights of Liberty University’s Early Childhood Education Certificate
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online early childhood graduate certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- Liberty is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Credits from this online preschool certificate can be applied toward our M.Ed. in early childhood education degree.
- If you already have an elementary teaching license, this program can serve as an early childhood education endorsement certificate.
- Earn your certificate in as little as 1-2 semesters!
Early Childhood Certificate Online Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for Liberty University’s certificate in preschool.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- Learn more about pursuing an add-on endorsement in early childhood education.
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Preschool Certificate
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Liberty University’s Online Early Childhood Education Certificate
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.