Help Children Lay a Strong Foundation for their Educational Journey by Earning an Online Graduate Certificate in Preschool
Liberty University’s 100% online Graduate Certificate in Preschool focuses on best practices in early childhood education that set children up for future educational success. If you have a passion for helping young children learn the basic skills they need to thrive in school, then our online Graduate Certificate in Preschool will give you the tools you need to meet their unique needs.
This preschool certificate provides an in-depth, yet concise, overview of the specialized, master’s-level training in early childhood education that can help you become a more effective preschool teacher or administrator.
If you already have an elementary teaching license, the Graduate Certificate in Preschool can help qualify you for an add-on endorsement in early childhood education for 3- and 4-year olds. The add-on endorsement in early childhood education for 3- and 4-year olds will help prepare you to teach, lead, and direct various preschool programs.
In addition to the certificate, you will need to complete a 3-credit-hour practicum to meet the field hour requirement for this add-on endorsement. For additional information, please visit the School of Education website.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Graduate Preschool Certificate Program?
If you are currently a preschool teacher or want to expand your job opportunities to work with young children, this certificate can help you achieve your goals. The specialized training you will receive by pursuing this online preschool certificate program will equip you to approach education from a Christian perspective and establish a firm understanding of early childhood development and behavior. Our online education programs are taught from a Christian worldview, providing a balance of educational theory with an understanding of biblical principles surrounding the importance of teaching young children.
Courses in our online graduate preschool certificate also examine essential educational theories to assist those who work in Christian schools, churches, and home settings. This certificate’s 100% online format gives you the ability to pursue specialized preschool training from the comfort of your home, giving you the flexibility you need to stay connected with your family, community, and job.
What Will You Learn in the Online Graduate Certificate in Preschool?
The online Graduate Certificate in Preschool expands upon your previous teaching experience and training to give you the specialized tools needed for teaching young children. Through this online preschool certificate, you will learn about the social, emotional, and spiritual development of children and how education practices and theories can apply to issues in early childhood.
You will also learn principles of curriculum development for young students so you can better adapt your teaching techniques for the preschool level. These techniques and methods will help you create fun and effective learning environments for your preschool students to ensure they are prepared for a successful education.
If you wish to continue your education, credits from this certificate may be transferred into a relevant master’s degree program or possibly used to pursue state licensure.
- EDUC 501 – Advanced Child Development
- EDUC 653 – Current Issues in Early Childhood Education
- EDUC 670 – Curriculum and Methods for Early Childhood
Program Highlights for Our Online Preschool Graduate Certificate
- By earning your Graduate Certificate in Preschool online from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You can complete this online preschool certificate in as little as 1 semester.
- You may apply credits earned from this certificate to our Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Curriculum and Instruction – Early Childhood Education degree.
Online Graduate Certificate in Preschool Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- In many cases, this program can lead to an add-on endorsement.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for Online Graduate Certificate Programs
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.