Advance Your Business Career with an Online Leadership Certificate
Whether you are looking to own a business, start on a new career path, or advance in your current position, we’re here to help! At Liberty, you can earn an online advanced graduate certificate in leadership to help you achieve your professional goals. Gaining skills as a business manager or executive leader can help you secure positions as a personnel manager, which is a position that companies cannot outsource to foreign markets. You will be instrumental to your company’s cultural, moral, and financial success.
The median annual salary for top executives in 2020 was $107,680.*
World-class learning for anyone, anywhere
The job outlook over 10 years is as fast as the average for all occupations.*
We know you’re busy. That’s why we offer this certificate 100% online! You can pursue higher education and career advancement without putting your life on hold.
Potential Career Options with an Advanced Graduate Certificate in Leadership
The leadership certificate can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different career fields that could benefit from our accredited certificate:
- Business owner
- Finance manager
- Human resource manager
- Nonprofit manager
- Organizational manager
- Retail/sales manager
The skills you gain in leadership and management can help you in your current role at your organization or help prepare you for positions of elevated responsibility. Another benefit of Liberty’s Advanced Certificates is that you can seamlessly transfer into one of our corresponding master’s programs. So if you are looking to further your studies after completing your certificate in leadership, you will be able to seamlessly transfer into our Master of Arts in Executive Leadership! Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with an Advanced Graduate Certificate in Leadership from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Top Executives, 2020 (viewed online June 23, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Advanced Graduate Certificate in Leadership?
Increase your job security and earning potential with an online advanced graduate certificate in leadership. We want to help you take your current career to the next level. As an online student, you can be confident your certificate meets the same standard of excellence as our residential programs. Our faculty have years of real-world experience and will come alongside you to provide mentorship and career guidance.
As a nonprofit, Christian university, we have created a community that is receptive to hearing the needs of its student body. Our professors often send weekly encouragement to their students and have various forums for students to ask for prayer support. Pursuing your graduate certificate in leadership online with Liberty gives you more. From our standard of academic excellence to our investment in your personal integrity and professional development, we demonstrate our commitment to helping you find a fulfilling career.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Leadership Advanced Certificate Program?
The goal for students pursuing our advanced certificate in leadership is to gain a deeper understanding of business principles and build confidence in their management abilities. Completing this certificate allows students like you to explore the similarities and differences that come when managing across cultures.
Throughout this certificate program, you will:
- Develop an understanding of organizational behavior and how to lead change in your company.
- Become better prepared to lead in your company with courses that highlight corporate responsibility and business ethics.
- Learn how to devise strategies that companies can implement to survive in today’s competitive business industries.
- Choose to focus on nonprofit management, entrepreneurship, or team leadership and conflict resolution. You’ll have the freedom to specialize your online certificate to suit your professional goals!
As a Christian university, our online leadership courses incorporate a biblical worldview, stressing the importance of your personal character in all business settings. From courses in executive communication to team leadership, you will walk away better prepared to be a light for Christ wherever you are.
- BMAL 500 – Organizational Behavior
- BMAL 501 – Strategic Leadership and Management
- BMAL 504 – Leading Organizational Change
- BMAL 550 – Effective Executive Communication
- BMAL 560 – Corporate Responsibility
- BMAL 604 – Managing and Leading Across Cultures
You will also choose 1 elective course from the following:
- BMAL 602 – Nonprofit Management
- BMAL 603 – Entrepreneurship
- LEAD 610 – Team Leadership and Conflict Resolution
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Leadership Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online Advanced Graduate Certificate in Leadership from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 8 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Gain a balanced exposure to practical business topics in higher-order management strategies, leadership theories, and leadership analysis that will help you meet management challenges in any industry.
- This certificate stands on its own as a professional credential but also works toward a full degree.
Online Advanced Graduate Certificate in Leadership Information
- This program falls under our School of Business.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan.
- View our Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Roll these credits into the corresponding master’s or doctoral degree
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Our Advanced Graduate Certificate in Leadership
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.