Deepen Your Knowledge of Biblical Truth with an Online Graduate Certificate in Bible Exposition
Are you seeking a deeper understanding of the Bible’s purpose and meaning? Whether you want to grow in your personal walk with Christ or increase the effectiveness of your ministry, Liberty University’s 100% online Graduate Certificate in Bible Exposition can help you dive deeper into the truths of Scripture. Our program offers advanced training in hermeneutics and biblical languages so you can gain further insight into God’s Word.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Occupational Employment and Wage Statistics: Religious Workers, All Other, 2020 (viewed online June 21, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
For a Christian ministry to be effective, it must be firmly rooted in Scripture. With Liberty’s online certificate in Bible exposition, you can sharpen your biblical interpretation skills and prepare to help other people understand the Gospel. Maybe you are a pastor or church leader looking to better serve your congregation. Perhaps you hope to conduct in-depth research as a biblical scholar or write publications on various scriptural topics. No matter what your goals are, our Bible exposition program can help you gain the tools you need to succeed.
Potential Career Options with a Graduate Certificate in Bible Exposition
Our Bible exposition certificate can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited certificate:
- Christian publisher
- Church administrator
- Ministry director
- Vocational missionary
The biblical languages and interpretation skills that you gain from our certificate in Bible exposition can be an asset in many other aspects of the ministry world as you pursue positions of added responsibility. Additionally, the credits from this certificate may transfer directly into the Master of Divinity – General or the Master of Religious Education. Already have a master’s degree? The credit hours in this certificate can also help you meet the admission requirements for the PhD in Bible Exposition — and 12 of these credits can be applied toward the PhD program. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a Bible exposition certificate from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
Why Choose Liberty’s Graduate Certificate Program in Bible Exposition?
Liberty has been a pioneer in distance learning since 1985. A lot has changed since then, but our commitment to Training Champions for Christ has not. We seek to offer programs that meet your needs as a student and as a professional. That’s why our Graduate Certificate in Bible Exposition is available 100% online with no set login times. You can complete your coursework from the comfort of your home and easily access your class materials whenever you need them.
A graduate certificate is an excellent alternative to a full-length degree because it allows you to gain new skills and credentials while saving time and money. If you decide to continue your studies into a master’s degree, credits from this certificate can transfer into both our Master of Divinity – General and our Master of Religious Education.
Maybe you already have a master’s degree in a different area but want to pursue a doctoral divinity degree. If so, the 15 credit hours from this certificate can help you meet the admission requirements for our PhD in Bible Exposition. Additionally, 12 of those credit hours can be applied toward the PhD program — allowing you to get a head start on your doctorate while only paying the graduate tuition rate for your certificate courses.
What Will You Learn in Our Graduate Bible Exposition Certificate?
This online certificate in Bible exposition is designed to help you interpret God’s Word — a skill that is vital for believers in all walks of life and particularly vital for those who serve as pastors and ministry leaders. Whether you work directly in the church or not, our online Bible exposition courses can help you understand and communicate essential biblical truths. With our online Bible exposition program, you can grow in your faith and help others develop a commitment to the Christian life.
Throughout your courses, you can learn how to accurately interpret a biblical text, analyze alternative interpretations of a given passage, and evaluate major hermeneutical problems related to the study of Scripture. You’ll also explore introductory and advanced topics in both the Greek and Hebrew languages, including alphabets, syntaxes, and verbal systems. With these skills, you can train to become an effective preacher and teacher of Scripture as you fulfill the Great Commission.
- NBST 610 – Hermeneutics
- NGRK 505 – Greek Language Tools
- NGRK 511 – Advanced Greek Language Tools
- OTCL 505 – Hebrew Language Tools
- OTCL 511 – Advanced Hebrew Language Tools
Highlights of Liberty’s Graduate Online Certificate in Bible Exposition
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses* at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Your ministry matters — so when you take 9-15 credit hours per semester in your divinity program, you’ll pay a discounted block rate of $2,750.** It’s our way of supporting all you do to serve others.
- Study under theologians and missionaries with real-world experience and prepare to lead as a Champion for Christ.
*Electronic textbooks are not provided for courses that fall under departments outside the School of Divinity.
**Credits taken below 9 and above 15 credit hours are charged at the part-time rate.
Online Bible Exposition Certificate Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Graduate Bible Exposition Certificate Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for part-time graduate courses
- Discounted divinity block rate: $2,475 per semester (9-15 credit hours)*
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
*Credits taken below 9 and above 15 credit hours are charged at the part-time rate.
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online Graduate Certificate in Bible Exposition
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral recommender contact information
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.