Our RN to BSN Degree is a Leader in Online Nursing Programs
Like you, Liberty University is dedicated to pursuing excellence in everything we do. That’s why our RN to BSN degree is one of the leading online nursing programs providing licensed, practicing registered nurses the opportunity to finish their education 100% online. Our BSN degree program curriculum builds on your knowledge and experience to help you grow in critical thinking, leadership, and clinical skills. Whether you are seeking to advance in your current role or explore other areas of the nursing field, our online nursing program is designed to equip you with the knowledge and training you need to excel.
Why Choose Liberty’s RN to BSN Degree?
With an RN license, you will receive a minimum total of 39 hours of transfer credit to help you complete our industry-leading RN to BSN degree. Our online nursing programs are taught by nursing professionals with real-world experience in clinical and leadership settings. Our RN to BSN degree is offered completely online, allowing you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without the worry of having to take courses on campus.
What Will You Learn in the RN to BSN Degree Online Program?
Our students’ career goals vary, and that is why our online nursing programs are such a great fit. Our faculty members have practiced in Cardiac Care, Critical Care, Emergency Medicine, Med-Surg, Oncology, Research, as Nurse Practitioners, and in just about every specialty the field of nursing touches in a clinical and administrative setting. Their vast years of experience and our rigorous curriculum will help you use your own experiences to grow in practice and leadership.
RN to BSN Degree Featured Courses
Liberty’s RN to BSN Online Degree Program Highlights
- By earning your online Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1%of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. Liberty’s Bachelors of Science in Nursing has a reduced tuition rate of $330 per credit hour for part or full time!
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- With an RN license, you will receive a minimum of 39 hours of transfer credits with no challenge tests so that you can finish your degree faster!
- Our online nursing program is CCNE accredited.
- You can complete the BSN degree in as little as two and a half years!
- You will have networking opportunities with other RNs in the program from around the country.
Similar Online Nursing Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) – Global Studies
- RN to BSN to MSN Accelerated Program Track
Potential Career Options with Your BSN Degree
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS*), careers in nursing are expected to grow significantly faster than the average of all professions through at least 2026. BLS reports that registered nurses with a BSN degree will generally have better career prospects than nurses without a BSN degree. Registered nurses seeking advancement in their careers should consider completing our online nursing program since a BSN degree is required for most promotions in the nursing profession.
- Long-Term Care Agencies
- Nursing Research
- Staff Nursing
- Hospital Nursing
BSN Degree Information
- Review our RN to BSN Student Handbook (login required)
- School of Nursing Non-Discrimination Statement
- This program falls under the School of Nursing.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Course Guides. (login required)
- Credit is given for RN licensure, and no challenge tests are required.
- Students should seek online nursing programs of study approved by their state. For more information visit our State Approval Disclosure notifications, which includes information for Liberty University’s Online Nursing Programs.
- For students who would like an on-campus experience, the following courses are also offered in an optional, intensive format during the fall and spring semesters. For more information about our online nursing program intensives, please contact email@example.com.
- NURS 210 – Health Assessment
- NURS 325 – Nursing Concepts
- NURS 492 – Advanced Concepts of Nursing Practice.
A background check and RN Licensure verification will be completed while enrolled in Advanced Nursing Communication, the required first nursing course in our online nursing program. There is a fee of $39.95 (additional charges may apply) associated with this requirement.
Admission Requirements for Our Online RN to BSN Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on Good Standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for Acceptance on Caution. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of RN License
- A High School Self-Certification form
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Military Benefits for Our Online RN to BSN Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Liberty University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees. The Online Nursing Program (RN to BSN Degree) is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and is approved by the Virginia State Board of Nursing.
For questions about the accreditation of Liberty University, please contact:
Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Ln.
Decatur, GA 30033-4097
Inquiries about the institution itself, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc., should be addressed directly to Liberty University.