Learn and Grow in Your Faith with Liberty’s Online Religion Degree
Liberty’s Associate’s degree in Religion online program is designed to equip you for a lifetime of effective ministry. You will learn to effectively engage the questions, doubts, and skepticism of unbelievers and respond intellectually and persuasively. Our online religion degree will help you gain a deeper understanding of the Bible through studying biblical content, research tools, and identifying basic elements of structure within the biblical text. Our online religion and theology degree professors will introduce you to key figures, places, and events from the Old and New Testaments from a Christian perspective and with a theological perspective rooted in the Bible. Liberty’s Associate’s degree in Religion online is comparable to an Associate’s in Theology degree.
Why Choose Liberty’s Associate’s Degree in Religion Online?
Liberty University is pleased to offer our Associate’s degree in Religion 100% online. Our online religion degree features the highest accreditation available through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Students seeking a degree in Theology or Christian Studies will benefit from Liberty’s online degree in Religion because of the similarities in course content. These degrees place a high emphasis on interpreting biblical texts and integrating a Christian worldview. As you look forward to your future at Liberty, you may also be interested in exploring our Bachelor of Science in Religion, Biblical and Educational Studies, or Christian Leadership and Management.
What Will You Learn in Our Associate’s Degree in Religion Online?
You will learn from faculty committed to training champions for Christ as you dive into biblical interpretations and learn to connect them with the world around you. Whether you are seeking to grow in your knowledge or earn further qualifications, Liberty will equip you with the skills and tools you need to positively engage the world with an online religion degree. Our Associate’s in Religion degree is offered completely online, allowing you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without the worry of having to take courses on a campus. The Associate’s in Religion online program can be completed in as little as two years and transferred into our Bachelor of Science in Religion online degree program.
Online Degree in Religion Featured Courses
Online Religion Degree Program Format and Information
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for course specific information.
- This program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- View the Undergraduate Course Syllabi (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- Potential college credit for military training.
Potential Career Fields with a Degree in Religion
An Associate’s degree in Religion online, comparable to a Theology Degree, is a great way to begin or continue your college career. This program is a great fit for students who need to show a completed associate’s degree for general career purposes or students who want to work in various ministry or related fields. Some potential career opportunities include:
- Health & Welfare Ministries
- Local Ministries
- Religious Communities
- Social Services
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on Good Standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for Acceptance on Caution. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Benefits of Choosing Liberty University’s Online Associate’s Degree in Religion Program
- By earning your Degree in Religion from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our online Religion Degrees has not increased in three straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete the Associate’s degree in Religion in about two years.
- You will have networking opportunities with other students in the program from around the country.