Learn and Grow in Your Faith by Earning an Associate Degree in Religious Studies
Liberty’s associate degree in religion online program is designed to equip you for a lifetime of effective ministry. You can learn to effectively engage the questions, doubts, and skepticism of unbelievers and respond intellectually and persuasively. Our online religion degree can help you gain a deeper understanding of the Bible by studying biblical content, developing research tools, and identifying basic elements of structure within the biblical text.
Liberty’s Associate of Arts in Religion online is comparable to an associate degree in theology. Our online religion and theology degree professors will introduce you to key figures, places, and events from the Old and New Testaments as you move through your studies.
Is a degree in theology worth it?
If you’re wondering if an associate in religion or theology will add value to your life and career, the answer is yes! Our program is designed to provide you with foundational knowledge in Christian theology. Here are some of the benefits of completing this associate degree in religion:
- Strengthen your own Christian faith and knowledge to enhance your personal walk with the Lord.
- Gain an associate degree from an accredited school that can be applied to a bachelor’s program.
- Learn key theological concepts that can be used to jumpstart a career in ministry.
Why Choose Liberty’s Associate Degree in Religion Online?
Liberty University is pleased to offer our associate degree in religion 100% online. Our nonprofit university is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Students seeking a degree in theology or Christian studies will benefit from Liberty’s online degree in religion because of the similarities in course content. These degrees place a high emphasis on interpreting biblical texts and integrating a Christian worldview.
As you look forward to your future at Liberty, you may also be interested in exploring our Bachelor of Science in Religion and its specializations in biblical and educational studies or Christian leadership and management.
Can I get my associate degree online?
Yes – our associate in religion is available 100% online. That means you can complete your program while still maintaining your other commitments. Your coursework can be completed whenever and wherever is most convenient for you.
What jobs can you get with a degree in religious studies?
Upon completion of your associate in religion, you could be eligible to work in a variety of career fields. For instance, you might qualify for positions like:
- Church social media manager
- Global relief worker
- Ministry associate
- Teacher’s assistant in a Christian school
- Youth leader
Additionally, many students use the Associate of Arts in Religion as a foundation for a divinity bachelor’s degree.
What is the best online theology school?
The best school will offer a program that meets your unique needs as a student. With our associate in religion, we want to help you meet your personal and professional goals.
Here are some of the benefits of pursuing your associate degree with us:
- Unlike most Bible colleges and seminaries, Liberty University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). You can be confident that your degree will be respected among future employers.
- Our mission is Training Champions for Christ. In fulfilling this mission, each of our courses is taught from a Christian worldview to help you become a professional of integrity.
- The professors in this program have years of real-life ministry experience. They are excited to mentor and train you throughout your theology education.
What Will You Learn in Our Associate Degree in Religion Online?
You will learn from faculty committed to Training Champions for Christ as you dive into biblical interpretations and learn to connect them with the world around you. Whether you are seeking to grow in your knowledge or earn further qualifications, Liberty can equip you with the skills and tools you need to positively engage the world with an online religion degree.
Our Associate of Arts in Religion degree is offered completely online, allowing you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without worrying about on-campus classes. The associate in religion online program can be completed in as little as 1.5 years and transferred into our Bachelor of Science in Religion online degree program.
Online Degree in Religion Featured Courses
- BIBL 360 – Methodical Study of Scripture
- CRST 290 – History of Life
- GLST 200 – Global Studies*
- THEO 360 – Theological Interpretation of the Bible
*Course guide not currently available
Liberty University’s Religion Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for our Associate Degree in Theology Online
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Potential Career Fields with a Religion and Theology Associate Degree
An associate degree in religion online, comparable to an online theology degree, is a great way to begin or continue your college career. This program is a good fit for students who need to show a completed associate degree for general career purposes or students who want to work in various ministry or related fields. Some potential career fields include:
- Health and welfare ministries
- Local ministries
- Religious communities
- Social services
Admission Requirements for Our Associate Degree in Divinity and Religion
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Benefits of Choosing Liberty University’s Online Associate Degree in Theology and Religion
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online associate degree in Christian ministry and religion from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our online religion courses for college credit and degrees has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete the associate degree in religion in as little as 1.5 years.
- You will have networking opportunities with other students in the program from around the country.