Increase Your Knowledge and Earn a Nursing Leadership Certification That Can Help Set You Apart
Are you an advanced practice nurse or nurse leader and interested in going further in your career? Maybe you want to pursue your Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP), but you’re not ready to take on a full doctorate. Liberty University’s Executive Certificate in Clinical Leadership is designed to give you a valuable credential in your field and prepare you for doctoral studies.
With this certificate, you can gain valuable knowledge in your field that can help you advance in your career and stand out among your peers. You will be taking doctoral-level nursing courses that can help you develop your research skills and your knowledge of theoretical application for nursing practice. Upon completion, this certificate can fully transfer into our DNP program or stand alone as an advanced credential in nursing.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Occupational Outlook Handbook: Medical and Health Services Managers (viewed online June 16, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Military Tuition Discount
If you have served in the military, we want to go above and beyond to show you our gratitude. That’s why we designed our 21-credit-hour certificates to work especially well for you. Earning an Executive Certificate makes you eligible for our military alumni doctoral discount — you’ll receive the discounted $300/credit hour military rate both during the certificate and later during a doctoral degree.* Many of our certificates roll directly into a corresponding doctoral degree, allowing you to get a jumpstart on your doctorate!
If your plans to earn a doctoral degree lie further in the future, each certificate also stands on its own as a professional development credential, setting you apart from your peers and giving you the flexibility to start a doctoral degree whenever you’re ready. It’s one more way we show our appreciation.
*In order to retain the $300/credit hour rate, the doctoral degree must be started within 2 years of completing the Executive Certificate.
Why Choose Liberty’s Executive Certificate in Clinical Leadership?
At Liberty, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. In keeping with that mission, we strive for excellence in all that we do. By earning your Executive Certificate from Liberty University, you will receive the following benefits:
- Flexibility | Each of your certificate courses is offered in a 100% online, 8-week format with 8 different start dates throughout the year. You can complete your certificate at your own pace while continuing to devote time to your family, work, and community.
- Professors | Our professors are distinguished individuals who have worked in the field of nursing for years and earned terminal degrees. They are ready to partner with you as you complete your certificate and help you achieve academic, professional, and spiritual growth.
- Transfer Opportunities | An exciting part about this Executive Certificate is that you can transfer all 21 credits directly into one of our doctoral degrees. This certificate allows you to get a jumpstart on your doctorate without committing to the program right away.
Career Opportunities for Executive Certificate in Clinical Leadership Graduates
Our Executive Certificate in Clinical Leadership can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited certificate:
- Clinical researcher
- Healthcare manager
- Nursing administrator
- University professor
Some of these occupations may require a doctorate. That’s why Liberty created Executive Certificates that can seamlessly transfer into one of our corresponding doctoral programs. So if you are looking to further your studies after completing your clinical leadership certificate, you will be able to transfer all 21 credits into our Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)!
What Will You Learn in Our Clinical Leadership Courses?
As a nurse, you understand the importance of continued learning and innovative research. Our Executive Certificate in Clinical Leadership is designed to provide you with some of the latest research ideas, applications, and information to help you continue to succeed and stand out as a leader among nurses.
Through this program, you can learn to translate evidence-based research into practice to improve patient safety and quality of care. You will also develop the skills needed to lead inter-professional teams and drive innovations to improve healthcare, systems, and policies.
- NURS 700 – Advanced Nursing Research
- NURS 715 – Theoretical Application for Advanced Practice Nursing
- NURS 716 – Applications of Evidence-Based Care
- NURS 718 – Informatics, Technology, and Trends for Transforming Health Care
- NURS 721 – Leadership, Policy, and Ethics
- NURS 732 – Interprofessional Collaboration and Outcomes Management for Quality in Health Care
- NURS 834 – Health Care Operations and Financial Management
Course guides available upon request
Highlights of Our Executive Certificate in Clinical Leadership
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online Executive Certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- You can complete your Executive Certificate in Clinical Leadership in as little as 1.5 years.
- You can transfer all of your hard-earned credits from this certificate into our Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) – giving you a jumpstart on your doctorate.
Executive Certificate in Clinical Leadership Information
- This program falls under the School of Nursing.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Nursing Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Executive Certificates
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $300 per credit hour for postgraduate courses
- Roll these credits into the corresponding doctoral degree
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Please note: The $300/credit hour doctoral military rate cannot be combined with the First Responder Discount.
Admission Requirements for the Executive Certificate in Clinical Leadership
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts showing a CCNE or ACEN approved MSN degree
- Documentation for APRN license and associated professional certification (if applicable — see full admission page for more details)
- Clinical education prerequisites (if applicable — see full admission page for more details)
- Writing Sample
- Practicum Hour Verification form
- American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers with AED
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
For advising, please contact email@example.com.
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.