Advance Your Career as a Criminal Justice Professional with a 100% Online Certificate!
Prepare for an exciting career in criminal profiling, corrections, criminology, probation, or criminal justice management. Whether you are looking to land your dream job, start on a new career path, or advance in your current position, we’re here to help. Liberty’s online Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice can help you get on track to achieving your professional goals.
We know you’re busy — that’s why we offer this certificate 100% online! You can pursue higher education and career advancement without putting your life on hold. If you have been thinking about taking your education to the next level, but you are not sure if completing a master’s degree is right at this time, a graduate certificate is a great option. Not only will you take courses that may be able to transfer directly into our master’s in criminal justice degree, but you can also gauge whether or not completing a master’s degree would benefit you professionally.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice?
The need for credentialed professionals in the criminal justice field is growing. According to major hiring sites like Indeed.com, LinkedIn, and Monster.com, there are over 44,000 job openings in the industry. Earning an advanced graduate certificate can help you stand out to employers or advance in your current position. Earn an online graduate certificate that equips you with real-world, applicable training that can be used as soon as you graduate. All of our faculty hold esteemed degrees with years of industry experience and are excited to bring all their experience to the classroom.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Criminal Justice Advanced Certificate Program?
Our online Advanced Certificate in Criminal Justice examines the major topics, trends, and systems within the criminal justice field today. Our online courses dive into administration, human resources, crisis intervention, ethics, and leadership, which are all vital to a successful career in criminal justice. Throughout this certificate, you’ll examine the interdependency of the agencies and organizations with the criminal justice system and learn about the competing roles of law enforcement, courts, prosecution, and defense counsels in the pursuit of justice.
Additionally, you will learn both theoretical and practical management styles within the field and develop an awareness of the role of the personnel manager within a criminal justice system. Your courses will help you identify and evaluate research trends of the National Institute of Justice (NIJ), which is the research, development, and evaluation agency of the U.S. Department of Justice.
- CJUS 500 – Criminal Justice Integration
- CJUS 520 – Administration of Justice Organizations
- CJUS 530 – H.R. Management in Criminal Justice Organizations
- CJUS 550 – Topics and Trends in Criminal Justice
- CJUS 601 – Criminal Justice Program Evaluation
- CJUS 610 – Leadership, Ethics, and Policing
- CJUS 630 – Crisis Intervention in Law Enforcement
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- This certificate is designed to maximize your tuition assistance benefits without having to use GI Bill® benefits!
- You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty University’s Jerry Falwell Library search portal while you pursue your certificate.
- You may apply the credits earned in the online Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice toward a relevant master’s degree!
- You can complete this advanced certificate program in as little as 1 year.
- You may also be interested in exploring our Master of Science in Criminal Justice.
Online Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Maximize tuition assistance without having to use GI Bill® benefits
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with an Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice
- Corrections officer
- Criminal profiler
- FBI agent
- Federal probation officer
- State and local law enforcement officer
- University faculty/professor
- Urban and social policy specialist
Admission Requirements for Our Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice Online
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.