Impact Healthcare Around the World with a Graduate Certificate in Global Health
Liberty’s online Graduate Certificate in Global Health can help equip you to solve health problems at the international level. You’ll explore best practices in global health as it relates to healthcare advocacy, disease prevention, public health, and sanitation control. With this knowledge, you can prepare to help improve the quality of life among diverse populations.
Do you want to help developing nations overcome health challenges and thrive? If so, Liberty has what you need. In this program, you’ll learn how to address health challenges that transcend geographic and cultural boundaries. Additionally, you’ll analyze best methods for improving international healthcare systems and implementing health solutions worldwide.
Partner with us and prepare to make a lasting impact at the international level!
What are the benefits of earning a graduate global health certificate?
With a graduate certificate, you can gain specialized skills in a short amount of time. You’ll be equipped to potentially earn a higher salary, advance to management roles, or even launch a new career. And, if you later decide to earn a full graduate degree in global health, credits from this certificate can be applied toward Liberty University’s MPH in Global Health.
By studying global health at the graduate level, you can gain the skills you need to pursue job opportunities around the world. You’ll also learn how to connect with people of various backgrounds as you make a difference in diverse communities.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook at Emergency Management Directors (viewed online June 22, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Global Health Certificate Online?
At Liberty, we seek to Train Champions for Christ. In this program, you can prepare to spread the Gospel around the world and address health issues in a cross-cultural context.
Balancing school and work may seem difficult — but it doesn’t have to be. Liberty’s global health certificate is available 100% online, and the classes have no set login times. That means you can complete your coursework from anywhere in the world, whenever it’s most convenient for you!
At Liberty, you’ll learn from the best. Our faculty have years of experience working in the global health field. With their guidance, you can hone your expertise, develop your skill set, and learn insider tips that could help set you apart in the healthcare industry.
Graduate Certificate in Global Health Potential Career Options
Our Global Health Certificate can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our Graduate Certificate in Global Health, including:
- Community health worker
- Disaster relief worker
- Global health consultant
- Government medical specialist
- Health services manager
- Medical researcher
- Policy analyst
- Program manager
The managerial skills and health knowledge that you gain from our Graduate Certificate in Global Health can be an asset in several other aspects of the business and medical worlds as you pursue positions of added responsibility. Additionally, the credits from this certificate may transfer directly into the master’s in global health management online degree. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a global health certificate from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
What Will You Learn in Our Global Health Online Courses?
Throughout this program, you will engage with current research and best practices in the healthcare field. Topics of study include emerging trends in global health, prevention and control of infectious diseases, and ways that cultural, political, and social factors influence health behavior. You will also learn how to assess global health issues and develop practical solutions that promote long-term relief.
Our program is designed to help you do the following:
- Advocate for international healthcare reform.
- Analyze and improve health policies.
- Engage effectively with the people, country, and culture you’re looking to serve.
- Help with disaster relief efforts.
- Promote health and wellness in a variety of communities.
- Solve sanitation problems in developing countries.
- HLTH 620 – Introduction to Global Health
- HLTH 622 – Primary Healthcare in Developing Countries
- HLTH 623 – Cultural Aspects of Health Behavior
- HLTH 624 – Sanitation in Developing Countries
- HLTH 625 – Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases
Highlights of Our Online Global Health Graduate Certificate
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online global health graduate certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 8 years — and counting.
- Liberty is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You can complete our global health certificate program online in just 1 year!
- Our global health courses are only 8 weeks long with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- As an online student, you’ll have the opportunity to network with global health experts from across the country.
- The credits you earn in this program can transfer seamlessly into our master’s in global health management online degree.
- At Liberty, you can learn about global health management online — without sacrificing high-quality academics.
Online Global Health Certificate Information
- This program falls under Liberty’s School of Health Sciences.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for our Graduate Certificate in Global Health.
- View the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Online Graduate Certificate in Global Health
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Graduate Global Health Certificate
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.