Improve Special Education in the Classroom with an Autism Certification Program Online
At Liberty University, we want to give you the education you need to make a difference in the lives of students. Our online Graduate Certificate in Autism Education explores current and developing special education trends within Christian, public, and private school settings.
Throughout this certificate, you will explore characteristics of and interventions for students with autism. This includes available social, educational, and behavioral strategies to improve their learning environment.
Our autism certificate is designed to help you provide the best education possible to your students. You will learn proactive strategies for encouraging positive behavior as well as language and skill development in students with autism.
How do I get certified for autism education?
This certificate can help you gain specialized knowledge so you can better educate students with autism. It is designed for:
- Licensed special education teachers to increase their training and assist autistic students
- Non-licensed professionals who want to work as a teacher’s assistant or paraprofessional
If you want to become a licensed teacher, you will need to complete a licensure program like our Master of Arts in Teaching.
What degree do you need to work with autism students?
Earning our certificate in autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can help you get the training you need to work with autistic students. This certificate can prepare you for a role as a teaching assistant or paraprofessional. If you would like to be a licensed teacher, you will need to complete a licensure program and meet your state’s requirements.
What is an autism paraprofessional?
The role of a paraprofessional is to assist a licensed teacher in meeting a student’s educational goals. As a paraprofessional, you would provide direct instruction and support to students with special needs, including autism.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Autism Certificate Online?
Our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education is designed to help you understand the common characteristics of autism spectrum disorders. This can help you provide for the needs of your students within the autism spectrum.
Throughout this autism education certificate program, you will study under professors who have served as teachers and administrators in real-world K-12 settings. These seasoned professionals will share with you what they have learned in their careers. You will be able to take these practical applications and use them in your own classroom.
Our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education program is offered 100% online, so you can further your education without uprooting your life. We value your time and understand that you have commitments to your family, career, and community. That’s why our 8-week courses are offered 100% online with no set login times.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Autism Certificate Program?
In our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education program, you will explore leading autism research, instructional best practices, and effective behavior management methods. Your coursework will explore individualized, classroom-based, and school-wide behavior support needs. This will help you feel prepared to advocate for students in both special education and general education classrooms and community settings.
Our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education program provides an overview of communication, language, and sensory research on causation. These topics will equip you with intervention strategies for individuals with ASD in clinical, home, and school settings. You will also learn strategies for team building, program planning, evidence-based decision making, and evaluation.
- EDUC 624 – Behavior Management
- EDUC 626 – Characteristics of Autism Spectrum Disorder and Assessment
- EDUC 628 – Communication, Language, and Sensory Aspects for Autism
Highlights of Our Graduate Certificate in Autism Studies
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- Our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education program can be completed online in as little as 1 semester.
- You can transfer your autism certificate courses into a related graduate program when you are ready to further your education.
Our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education Online Program Information
- This graduate certificate program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this online program.
Military Benefits for Our Education Autism Certificate Students
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for Our Online Graduate Certificate in Autism Education Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.