Improve Special Education in the Classroom with an Online Graduate Certificate in Autism Education
At Liberty University, we want to give you the education you need to make a difference in the lives of students with autism. Our online Graduate Certificate in Autism Education explores current and developing special education trends within Christian, public, and private school settings. Throughout this autism education graduate certificate, you will explore characteristics of and interventions for students with autism – including available social, educational, and behavioral strategies to improve their learning environment.
Designed to help you provide the best education possible to your students, our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education equips you with proactive strategies for encouraging positive behavior as well as language and skill development in students with autism.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Graduate Certificate in Autism Education Program?
Our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education is designed to help you understand the common characteristics of autism spectrum disorders so you can provide for the needs of your students within the autism spectrum. Throughout this autism education certificate program, you will study under professors who have served as teachers and administrators in real-world K-12 settings. These seasoned professionals take what they have learned in their careers and share the practical applications with you so that you can use them in your own classroom.
Our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education program is offered 100% online, so you can further your education without uprooting your life. With 8-week courses and no set login times, our graduate autism education certificate program is formatted to help you maximize your time, so you can stay involved with your family, career, and community.
What Will You Learn in Our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education Online Program?
In our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education program, you will explore leading autism research, instructional best practices, and effective behavior management methods. Through coursework exploring individualized, classroom-based, and school-wide behavior support needs, you will feel prepared to advocate for students in both special education and general education classrooms and community settings.
Our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education program provides an overview of communication, language, and sensory research on etiology to equip you with interventions strategies for individuals with ASD in clinical, home, and school settings. You will also learn strategies for team building, program planning, evidence-based decision making, and evaluation.
- EDUC 624 – Behavior Management
- EDUC 626 – Characteristics of Autism Spectrum Disorder and Assessment
- EDUC 628 – Communication, Language, and Sensory Aspects for Autism
Highlights of Our Online Autism Education Graduate Certificate
- By earning your Graduate Certificate in Autism Education from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- Our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education program can be completed online in as little as one semester.
- You can transfer your autism certificate courses into a related graduate program when you are ready to further your education.
Similar Online Program
You may also be interested in taking the next step in your education with our online Master of Arts in Teaching – Special Education degree.
Our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education Online Program Information
- This graduate certificate program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this online program.
- Review the Gainful Employment Data for this certificate.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for Our Online Graduate Certificate in Autism Education Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.