Improve Special Education in the Classroom with Our Online Graduate Certificate in Autism Education
At Liberty University, we want to give you the education you need to make a difference in the lives of students with Autism, and our online Graduate Certificate in Autism Education explores current and developing special education trends within Christian, public, and private schools settings. Our Autism education graduate certificate online program will explore characteristics of and interventions for students with autism – including available social, educational, and behavioral strategies to improve their learning environment. Designed to help you provide the best education possible to all your students, our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education equips you with proactive strategies for encouraging positive behavior as well as language and skill development in students with Autism.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Graduate Certificate in Autism Education Program?
Our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education is an online program designed to help you understand common characteristics of autism spectrum disorders so you can provide for the needs of your students within the autism spectrum. Throughout your autism education certificate program, you will study under professors who have served as teachers and administrators in real-world K-12 settings. These seasoned education professionals take what they learned in their careers and translate it into practical applications that you can use in your own classroom.
Our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education program is offered 100% online, so you can further your own education without uprooting your life. With eight-week courses and no set login times, our graduate autism education certificate program online is formatted to help you maximize your time, so you can stay involved with your family, career, and community.
What Will You Learn in Our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education Online Program?
In our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education program, you will study leading Autism research, instructional best practices, and effective behavior management methods. Our online Graduate Certificate in Autism Education emphasizes individualized, classroom-based, and school-wide behavior support to prepare students for both special education and general education classrooms and community settings. By earning you Austism education graduate certificate from Liberty University, you will be prepared to impact your students with excellent instruction and genuine care, as a Champion for Christ.
You will also learn strategies to increase your communication abilities through an emphasis on the visual aspects of language. Our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education program online provides an overview of communication, language, and sensory research on etiology to equip you with interventions strategies for individuals with ASD in clinical, home, and school settings. Included in this autism certificate are strategies for team building, program planning, evidence-based decision making, and evaluation.
Graduate Certificate in Autism Education Program Online Featured Courses
- EDUC 624 – Behavior Management
- EDUC 626 – Characteristics of Autism Spectrum Disorder and Assessment
- EDUC 628 – Communication, Lang. and Sensory Aspects for Autism
Highlights of Our Online Autism Education Graduate Certificate
- By earning your Graduate Certificate in Autism Education from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past three years – and counting.
- Our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education program can be completed online in as little as one semester.
- You can transfer your autism certificate courses into a related graduate program to when you are ready to further your education.
Similar Online Programs
You may also be interested in taking the next step in your education with Liberty University’s online Master of Arts in Teaching – Special Education.
Our Graduate Certificate in Autism Education Online Program Information and Requirements
- This graduate certificate program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this online program.
- Gainful Employment Data
Autism Education Grad Certificate Online Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Graduate Certificate in Autism Education Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.