Liberty University Online Offers Tuition Rates Among the Lowest in the Country
Our goal is to help make your online degree decision easier by providing you with the facts upfront. Liberty University’s tuition rates are among the lowest in the country, and we offer a variety of payment methods as well as discount opportunities. Most tuition for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees.
Receiving accreditation is a process of external quality review for colleges, universities, and educational programs for quality assurance and quality improvement. As a Liberty student, you can be confident that you are receiving a quality education that is also customizable enough to fit your unique schedule and educational goals.
Liberty University’s Online College Program Highlights
Our Christian foundation ensures you are not only equipped with the knowledge and skills needed in your field, but also the values that will help you lead with integrity!
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Most tuition for our online undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many schools have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University provides a variety of online college degree options as well as expert faculty to ensure quality education and practical experience.
- Our online college degrees are designed to meet your needs by providing you with a flexible 8-week format and multiple starting points throughout the year.
- We are transfer-friendly!
- Undergraduate online students can transfer in up to 75% of their degree.
- Graduate students can transfer in up to 50% of their degree.
- Earn credit through CLEP, DANTES, ICE, and AP examinations as well as from life experiences.
- Benefits are available for military members, veterans, and military spouses.
- Choose from hundreds of competitive online degrees to meet your educational needs for success in your career.
- Liberty University provides tools and resources such as easy-to-use widgets, phone and computer support, Microsoft 365, and academic support.
Online College Academics
- Our online college degree programs are widely recognized for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility!
- Liberty University has regional accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). This accreditation by SACSCOC means your online degree will be recognized around the nation.
- Liberty has received accreditation for the M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program, the Master of Education in School Counseling program, and the Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision from the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
- A majority of our online business associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees have been granted accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Liberty’s bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Nursing, as well as the Doctor of Nursing Practice program, are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- The Liberty University School of Music is accredited by and a member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- Liberty University’s online Master of Science in Sport Management is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA).
Online College Military Benefits
Are you a service member, veteran, military spouse, or Department of Defense employee? We are proud to support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discounts for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training for undergraduate programs
- A dedicated Office of Military Affairs, which can process your military given benefits like Tuition Assistance and GI Bill®
Military Discount for Doctoral Students
We want to help you find the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
Liberty University is a designated Purple Heart University, making it the first college or university in Virginia to receive the honor from the Military Order of the Purple Heart (MOPH) in recognition of a university’s support of military members, including veterans and their families.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Liberty University provides you with integral resources all the way through your online degree. Reach out to speak with an Admissions Counselor and see why Liberty University is right for you!
Liberty University Admissions Office Contact Information:
Phone Support Hours of Operation:
- Mon., Tues., Thurs., and Fri.: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST
- Wed.: 8 a.m – 6 p.m. EST
- Sat.: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. EST