Learn How to Buy Books Online and More!
Liberty University has partnered with Barnes & Noble College to provide you with the textbooks and other course materials you will need to be successful in your online classes. There are several benefits to buying books online and other course materials through Barnes & Noble College!
- You are guaranteed to be provided the correct edition of the textbook. If a mistake is made, Liberty University will work with Barnes & Noble College to resolve the issue. All you have to do is notify us of the mistake, and we will take care of the rest!
- Barnes & Noble College accepts Liberty University online book vouchers for graduate and doctoral programs, where other vendors do not. This allows you to use excess financial aid funds to buy books online and purchase other course materials, which saves you time and money!
- Barnes & Noble College offers a textbook buy-back program for your used books from our online courses!
- You may purchase new, used, and even digital copies (if available) of your textbooks through Barnes & Noble College. You can also buy, sell, and rent your books. Barnes & Noble College is a one-stop-shop for all of your textbook purchasing needs.
You can conveniently buy your books online, by visiting the Barnes & Noble College website. For their customer service, you may call (800) 325-3252 or (573) 441-9179. Barnes & Noble College closes on certain holidays, which are updated on their webpage.
Should you choose to buy books or course materials from another vendor, please note that it will be your responsibility to ensure the correct materials are purchased for your required courses. To ensure you are buying the right textbooks and materials for your online courses, you will need to make sure you have the correct ISBN and edition when searching for books.
Not in a Liberty program yet? Start by getting more information, or apply now!
Before Buying Your Books, Check Out Our Purchasing Tips!
- Make sure you know which online courses you are taking this semester!
- You will need to know the class number, when the class starts, and the duration of the class for each online course you are signed up for. You may review your schedule in ASIST by clicking the Student tab, select Registration, select the term you are purchasing textbooks for, and then select Student Detail Schedule. You may also speak with one of our Academic Advisors for assistance.
- You will need to know how you plan to pay for your books and online course materials.
- You may use a credit card or an online book voucher to purchase materials for classes. If you plan to use an online book voucher, you will need your student ID to purchase materials.
- A book voucher can be set up in the Financial Check-In process. A book voucher allows you to use excess financial aid funds to buy books and other course materials.
- Order your books early! We recommend purchasing textbooks and course materials at least ten days before your online courses start.
Note: Liberty’s undergraduate programs fall under the Inclusive Access program. To continue our mission of providing affordable education, we provide electronic textbooks for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
Do You Need Microsoft Office?
Microsoft Office 365 is a cloud-based productivity tool that integrates all of the features you would need to be a successful online student.
Included in this subscription is the Microsoft Office Suite, which includes Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, 50 GB of email, and unlimited storage space on the OneDrive!
View the Microsoft Office 365 page to get started!
Visit the IT Marketplace to purchase other hardware and software.
Show Off Your School Spirit!
Do you want to show off your Liberty Flames Pride? You can purchase Liberty University apparel and more online through Liberty University’s on-campus bookstore!
Hours of Operation*:
Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. ET
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. ET
Sunday: Noon – 7:00 p.m. ET
*Hours subject to change, especially during school breaks.